Contribute
Register

SJ_UnderWater's Thin MiniITX Build DQ77KB, i3-3225

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, I built my case with this board and was wondering what you guys are getting for temps on your PCH after a bit of use? (You can your bios to see this under PC Health)

SJ, thank you for posting this build. I'm looking for a new HTPC and was thinking about a Mac mini or building a hackintosh. After seeing this build I'm inclined to copy it exactly as it fits all my needs. My main motivation to build a hackintosh is the potential to get HD Audio out and run audio and video over HDMI. From the looks of it you've gotten HDMI audio working, but have you tried any HD audio content? I'd be interested to hear if it works.

I don't have any displays with more than stereo output, but since HDMI/DP are pass-through it will probably be fine.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/user-buil...core-i7-3770t-macmini-6-2-a-2.html#post583397

guys, I have succeed in making my DQ77KB's USB3.0 backward compatible with USB2.0 devices following the guide from giacomoleopardo, better try it now:mrgreen:
Can you help me, I posted my reply on his thread instead of this one.

Here was my reply:
Aw crap. I'm stuck.
I've never edited a DSDT before and thought I was going good till I got up to the
here you have to look for the devices that don't have Method (_DSM. In my case they are Device (PR11), Device (PR12), Device (PR13), Device (PR18), skipping Device (PR01). Those devices - without Method (_DSM - have to be modified adding Name (MUXS, "XHCA") to Device (PR11), Name (MUXS, "XHCB") to Device (PR12), Name (MUXS, "XHCC") to Device (PR13), Name (MUXS, "XHCD") to Device (PR18).
Here is the first case, that's the same for the other three

And then I just took a shot at it and when I got up to
step 7 - At the end of DSDT add from this (or whatever you have)

It wasn't there, I am using DSDTSE and am really confused :S
I've attached my DSDT I extracted with DSDTSE and just compiled without touching, could anyone help me out?

View attachment 52444

I'm working on a patch for this board as we speak, nearly finished the first draft.

the following works _preliminarily_, meaning 1) does not create additional warnings 2) has basic deduplication (can't be incorrectly applied twice, it will self-heal), 3) appears to work on my DQ77, a USB2 drive mounted fine with no additional warnings in Console.
With enough positive results I will add this to the SF repo.

Note: does not account for the two "charging" ports (numbers 3 and 4), they will not deliver additional power

Attachments

• usb3multiplex.txt
    9.9 KB · Views: 416
Hello SJ, I experienced that the USB2.0 devices will lost connection after wake from sleep while the USB3.0 devices are fine, in my case, even my bluetooth dongle has to be re-plugged, any clue?:crazy:

I believe that is a known issue, but may be fixed if we can bootstrap using patches. Someone may take my work above and figure out what else has to be done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back