Contribute
Register

Simple NVIDIA 4xx Install Procedure

Status
Not open for further replies.
After 12 hours of trying every trick and installing/renstalling I made my GTX 460 768MB work with 1920x120. I followed OP procedure - installing with iBoot-GE (10.6.0), upgraded to 10.6.5, installed tonymacx86 NVidia driver package, multibeast with DSDT for my motherboard (GA-P55-UD3R F8) - booted into black screen. Found a way to get back to 1024x768 resolution by providing kernel options "arch=x86_64 GraphicsEnabler=No" in chameleon boot. In 32-bit mode I would always end up with black screen, same black screen in 64-bit mode with "GraphicsEnabler=Yes". NVEnabler would result in hang on boot (gray screen at boot). Tried PCIRootUID=1 in combination with all other settings, no effect whatsoever.

What finally made a difference is a device-properties key in com.Apple.boot.plist, I grabbed in.plist from viewtopic.php?f=15&t=8660&start=9 removed information entries for the second card and followed instructions in the OP of that topic to add it to com.apple.boot.plist. Worked perfectly. Did not have it running long enough to see if I have freeze issues.

I just wanted to follow up on my other post:

Sooo, I had some success! Which I'd like to get some input on. I tried everything mentioned and managed to finally remember what I had done differently on the other HDD when I had 512 of the GT430 recognized with QE working enough to install FC Studio 3. I actually had the ATYinit kext installed from Multibeast before because I initially was using that ATI 3450 card and had installed the Ukari patch. That combined with the new Fermi Nvidia pkg makes it all work except the system profiler just say "Nvidia Graphics Card...

Specs are:

10.6.5 from retail 10.6 on a Dell Optiplex 760, 2 Gigs Samsung RAM, Nvidia GT 430, Decklink Studio (for digital audio video IO). Ran EasyBeast from Multibeast 2.6.1 adding Network kext and utilities. I did not use the Chemeleon RC5 pre-release, or have to tell it to use the MacPro 3.1 smbios as it recognized that on it's own.

Final Cut Studio 4 runs fine - FCP7 sucessfully captured 10 bit SD footage and was able to output to Digital Betacam without any problems or dropped frames. DVD Studio Pro opens but I have not tested it fully, compressor loads without problems - it crashed when I first opened it up but it works.

Since I didn't use a DTSD file for my motherboard does this make sense that the ATYinit is what made the system recognize QE and 512 of the onboard ram of the GT 430? Any tips on how I can get the other 512 recognized?

Micah

virx said:
... I grabbed in.plist from viewtopic.php?f=15&t=8660&start=9 removed information entries for the second card and followed instructions in the OP of that topic to add it to com.apple.boot.plist. Worked perfectly. Did not have it running long enough to see if I have freeze issues.

...Just had my first freeze after about 2 hours of light web browsing, will try that video in background trick...

mook2420 said:

Sooo, I had some success! Which I'd like to get some input on. I tried everything mentioned and managed to finally remember what I had done differently on the other HDD when I had 512 of the GT430 recognized with QE working enough to install FC Studio 3. I actually had the ATYinit kext installed from Multibeast before because I initially was using that ATI 3450 card and had installed the Ukari patch. That combined with the new Fermi Nvidia pkg makes it all work except the system profiler just say "Nvidia Graphics Card...

Specs are:

10.6.5 from retail 10.6 on a Dell Optiplex 760, 2 Gigs Samsung RAM, Nvidia GT 430, Decklink Studio (for digital audio video IO). Ran EasyBeast from Multibeast 2.6.1 adding Network kext and utilities. I did not use the Chemeleon RC5 pre-release, or have to tell it to use the MacPro 3.1 smbios as it recognized that on it's own.

Final Cut Studio 4 runs fine - FCP7 sucessfully captured 10 bit SD footage and was able to output to Digital Betacam without any problems or dropped frames. DVD Studio Pro opens but I have not tested it fully, compressor loads without problems - it crashed when I first opened it up but it works.

Since I didn't use a DTSD file for my motherboard does this make sense that the ATYinit is what made the system recognize QE and 512 of the onboard ram of the GT 430? Any tips on how I can get the other 512 recognized?

Micah
What's with the "boot" file i had posted to you and here in this thread?...it's from Chameleon v2.RC5 r635 and works as you can see ther'e -> My sytem and what do you need ATYinit with a GT430? :eek:

Hi
i have Problems to install an Zotac GT430 on my System :

- GA-H55-UD3H
- Core i3 540
- 4 gig DDR3
- Zotac GT430
- SATA Disk+DVD

i tryed the Methode from tonymac..... no success,
can sombody describe step by step, how to install this GraKa...
now i have an fresh Install in front of me...
any Idea

Regards

haribo49 said:
Hi
i have Problems to install an Zotac GT430 on my System :

- GA-H55-UD3H
- Core i3 540
- 4 gig DDR3
- Zotac GT430
- SATA Disk+DVD

i tryed the Methode from tonymac..... no success,
can sombody describe step by step, how to install this GraKa...
now i have an fresh Install in front of me...
any Idea

Regards
Have a look here -> http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2010/11/ ... -os-x.html

it`s doesnt work for me, i tryed very often, no Change to get success

If you still have your GTX260, I recommend using it, your will get better openGL performance and no freezes/crashes.

If you still want to use a Fermi card - I had the same problem, the only method that worked for my GTX460 was GFX injection - but you would need to find proper NVCAPS and other strings for your card to generate one.

Another thing worth trying is to grab your video card firmware from Windows using nvflash or GPU-Z and use chameleon options to use NVidia BIOS, you may need to change PCIRoot to "1" (try both 0 and 1).

karacho said:
mook2420 said:

Specs are:

Micah
What's with the "boot" file i had posted to you and here in this thread?...it's from Chameleon v2.RC5 r635 and works as you can see ther'e -> My sytem and what do you need ATYinit with a GT430? :eek:

I couldn't get the boot file to recognize the card at all. Even after doing the combo update, graphics update, fix permissions, loading the boot file with root. ONLY had the card (1/2 of it's RAM) recognized after using ATYinit. That's why I'm so confused.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back