Contribute
Register

Simple NVIDIA 4xx Install Procedure

Status
Not open for further replies.
MacMan said:
sweatsack said:
will give this a try when my parts arrive, will be my 1st build all links/help apprciated. i do understand it may not work as people have had trouble with 580. questions welcome :)
Correct, NVIDIA 5xx cards are not fully supported yet.

only working in a basic gfx mode? 32mb 1024x768?

mook2420 said:
Hey, Thanks for the quick response! The original way I had it work was by card-swapping, after I had installed everything with the ATI 3450 I then installed the nvidia graphics update, installed new GT430 card, booted to happiness! I just cannot get it to work again... I think I may have used NVenabler the first time but I am trying to do it correctly this time.
If you have 10.6.5 CombuUpdate and Tony's nVidiaUpdate already installed, you don't need NVEnabler...if you whish to use your nVidia Card, only give "GraphicsEnabler=yes" in com.apple.boot.plist. Boot up your Hackintosh with -x and begin tweaking :D. You must use the com.apple.boot.plist in /Extra. Drag and drop com.apple.boot.plist from /Extra to your Desktop and edit it to your needs. After that move it back to /Extra. Your com.apple boot.plist should look like this...

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>yes</string>
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string></string>
<key>PCIRootUID</key>
<string>1</string>
<key>SMBIOS</key>
<string>/Extra/smbios.plist</string>
<key>Theme</key>
<string>Default</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>1</string>
</dict>
</plist>

...i own the same card (GT430). It's my com.apple.boot.plist, you can copy and paste it.

Run Multibeast. Only check and install the MacPro3.1 smbios.plist and Chameleon2 RC5 pre and check the SystemTask's (rebuild caches and permissions). I dunno if you use a dsdt.aml in /Extra...if so, Chameleon will found it by default...there's no need to give the dsdt String in com.apple.boot.plist.
mook2420 said:
I will try the file you uploaded - just the "boot" file and not the "com.apple.Boot.plist" file, right?
Yep...only the file called "boot". 1st install things from Multibeast like mentioned above, unzip the downloaded file, go to the Folder called "bin" and copy the file "boot" like described in my former post with root-rights.

EDIT: If your'e in trouble with Chameleon from Multibeast, download this Installer http://rapidshare.com/files/437029918/C ... 5_r656.zip
During Chameleon installation you can customize things...install the ChameleonPrefPane too, so it's easier to modify your com.apple.boot.plist with the ChameleonPrefPane under Systemsettings eventually sometime again. And don't forgot to repeat the last step by copy the "boot" file from the former unzipped file, for recognize correct card settings in System Profiler

Yep...only the file called "boot". 1st install things from Multibeast like mentioned above, unzip the downloaded file, go to the Folder called "bin" and copy the file "boot" like described in my former post with root-rights.

Okay, again thank you so much for the additional info. I am trying this all right now. To copy the boot file over to root I actually have the modified file you gave me in Extra and in terminal I navigate to Extra and type:

sudo cp boot /

do I need to do anything about the *new* boot file not being invisible?

Micah

mook2420 said:

Okay, again thank you so much for the additional info. I am trying this all right now. To copy the boot file over to root I actually have the modified file you gave me in Extra and in terminal I navigate to Extra and type:

sudo cp boot /

do I need to do anything about the *new* boot file not being invisible?

Micah
Which file i gave you for /Extra? I can't remember i gave you one :D You should edit your com.apple.boot.plist in /Extra by drag and drop it to your desktop, deleting all stuff, than copy and paste mine from above in there, save the file and move it back to /Extra.

Nope, in /Extra is no file called "boot"...You must navigate to the extracted Folder from the file you downloaded. There's a subfolder called "bin" and there's the "boot" file.

Before you copy the file "boot", you can compare the filesize before and after copying.
Open Terminal.app, navigate to the location like described above and to ensure your'e in the right location type the following commands
pwd
ls -la
ls -la /
sudo cp boot /
ls -la /

have a look at the output...the given output from pwd should be your working directory where's the "boot" file.

Success with GeForce GTS 450

Just wanted to share a successful installation of a PALIT GeForce GTS 450 - 1 GB GDDR5 on my Hackintosh, with full power available through the use of the different tips in this thread:

• Installing Chameleon RC5 via MultiBeast 2.6[/*:m:wqjys5xz]
  • Changing the smbios.plist from iMac11,1 to MacPro5,1 (again using MultiBeast)[/*:m:wqjys5xz]
  • Tweaking the AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext by modifying the MacPro5,1 section with the correct GeForce Device ID - Vendor10deDevice0dc4[/*:m:wqjys5xz]

Before applying these modifications, Glview was giving 200 FPS ! After mods, 2800 FPS ! Speak about good power management :lol:

Running 10.6.5 on a GA-P55-UD3L v2.3 (1st system in signature)

Thanks a lot !

I finally replace my GTX 275 whit the newest GTX 460 (GV-N460OC-1GI Gigabyte model).
After install the tonymac Fermi driver I pull the old card and put the GTX 460.

gtxs.png

My cinebench scores are about 29 (like the GTX 275) but the COD report a 30 fps (prev. 180 fps)...

but the KP still here!

:banghead:

MacMan said:
phenom7 said:
If I wanted to revert to my old 9600GT, what would I have to do to remove the Fermi drivers? I'm hoping it's a simple as removing some kexts cause I really don't want to have to start from scratch again.
You can try reinstalling the 10.6.5 Combo Update.

Wouldn't let me run the update for some reason. Get an Installation error.

Attachments

• matt_d_rat-hackintosh-build.txt
    5 KB · Views: 78
Strange... i feel like the fans of my GTX470 is at 100% all the time, i was listening for the noise and u can`t tell the difference between running cinebench and doing nothing on the desktop, it`s the same noise...

I tried to change the MacPro5,1 to MacPro3,1 but nothing happens... the same score, same noise... i have a modified applegraphicpowermanagement.kext with my device ID, this can be the reason?

There`s any way to know the speed of my GTX470 fans, or the temperature ?

phenom7 said:
If I wanted to revert to my old 9600GT, what would I have to do to remove the Fermi drivers? I'm hoping it's a simple as removing some kexts cause I really don't want to have to start from scratch again.

phenom7 said:
Wouldn't let me run the update for some reason. Get an Installation error.
You can try to extract or install the needed kexts from the comboupdate pkg with Pacifist. If extracted do it by hand with kexthelper

I can't even run EasyBeast now. Getting the same error "Contact your software manufacturer...etc." Was I supposed to remove something or do something extra before swapping the cards out. I just took on the GTX 460 and put the 9600GT without changing anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back