Contribute
Register

Simple NVIDIA 4xx Install Procedure

Status
Not open for further replies.
SteinVS said:
Has anyone tried this strategy http://netkas.org/?p=764?

Go grab 10.6.7 update for new imacs here and update for new mbps here (drivers are same, mbp update is smaller), extract all GeForce* and NVDA* kexts/bundles from /System/Library/Extensions folder and install them.
CFBundleGetInfoString
NVDAGF100Hal 1.6.34.13 (256.02.05f01)
……
IOPCIPrimaryMatch
0×06c010de&0xffe0ffff
0×0dc010de&0xffc0ffff
0×0e2010de&0xffe0ffff
0×0ee010de&0xffe0ffff
0×0f0010de&0xffc0ffff
0×104010de&0xffc0ffff
0×108010de&0xffe0ffff <– GTX580, GTX570

This update brings opencl support for fermi to Snow Leopard and breaks cuda

To get CUDA back, execute this command in terminal:

cp /Library/Frameworks/CUDA.framework/Versions/A/Libraries/libcuda_256.01.10.dylib /Library/Frameworks/CUDA.framework/Versions/A/Libraries/libcuda_256.02.05.dylib

I tried this method on my GTX 480 and it gave very bad discoloring when playing any sort of games.

EDIT : Just tried the Tonymac version and it still gives the discolorizations, anyone else getting this problem?

scorcho said:
i've likewise solved any KPs coming from my GTX460 by doing two things -

1. editing the card's voltage/core steppings to make the difference between the lowest two states as small as possible.
2. running iTunes in a different space with the visualizer on. music does not have to be playing.

on the plus side, the latest OSX update seems to have dramatically increased the graphic card's UI score in X-Bench. whereas before it was roughly on par with my dearly beloved ATI 4850, now it's nearly double the speed.

Scorcho,
What settings did you use for the for the card voltage and Core steppings? I have the wall saver app and that has worked for a long time but the last 2 weeks I have had several lockups. Seems to happen mostly when I am scrolling through web pages in Chrome Browser. Although Last night it happened while playing around in Interface builder.

Hello I've followed the advice that JPa has posted in his guide for a 10.6.6 version of osx on a GA-X58A-UD3R with an EVGA 1 gb GTX 460.

Everything seems to work fine except I cannot enlarge the resolution to the full 1080p that I'd like.

Is there something I'm doing incorrectly that might be the cause of this or is there no way to increase the resolution?

Thanks,

Rich.

jmain said:
Scorcho,
What settings did you use for the for the card voltage and Core steppings? I have the wall saver app and that has worked for a long time but the last 2 weeks I have had several lockups. Seems to happen mostly when I am scrolling through web pages in Chrome Browser. Although Last night it happened while playing around in Interface builder.
I believe the lowest state is 300/300 for core/mem, and the voltage at 0.9V. That resolved the jittery/slow interface speed in OSX when the system is first booted. This isn't a stand-alone solution, though. I still run iTunes in a separate space with the visualizer running and have yet to have a crash because of that. Once I quit iTunes, or if i don't launch it at all, I can go anywhere from 10 minutes to 6 hours before a kernel panic.

Random question - for those with dual-dvi out GTX460s, are you able to use both at the same time? Using GraphicsEnabler=Y I'm not able to, only through a custom EFI string.

Hi, I am the new owner of a gigabyte x58-ud3r, 12 gb of ram, core i950, and a cursed nvidia gt 440 from gigabyte. I have installed my system, I am on 10.6.7 but, as soon as I select graphic enable = yes all I get is a black screen on the desktop! I have used drivers from multi beast, drivers from nvidia l but nothing ! Can someone give-me an advice please? I connect the video card to a monitor using the dvi port (the video card have a dvi, VGA and hdmi output) I am so offset now that I want to cry .... And after I have buy this parts I have no money for a different video card ! Any advice will be very appreciated ! thanks !

tokra128 said:
Hi, I am the new owner of a gigabyte x58-ud3r, 12 gb of ram, core i950, and a cursed nvidia gt 440 from gigabyte. I have installed my system, I am on 10.6.7 but, as soon as I select graphic enable = yes all I get is a black screen on the desktop! I have used drivers from multi beast, drivers from nvidia l but nothing !

This card?

GIGABYTE NVIDIA GT440 1GB DDR5 HDMI

Install last Chimera v1.4.1, support GT 440.

Regards,

Ruy

Hi guys!

I've been trying to get my Zotac GTX 460 card working using (1) the latest MultiBeast-3.7.2 and (2) the standalone tonymacx86-NVIDIA-Update-2 package and modding the "Extra/com.apple.Boot.plist" by adding
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>

nothing seems to work, stuck with default res.
anyone had this problem? and more importantly, fixed it?

THX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back