Contribute
Register

Simple HD 57/58/59xx Installation Using MultiBeast [OLD]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: UPDATED Simple HD 57/58/59xx Installation Using MultiBeast

MacMan said:
I recently picked up the GIGABYTE GV-R577UD-1GD Radeon HD 5770 "Batmobile" video card and have perfected a very simple installation method using MultiBeast 2.1.4 2.2.2. All of the changes in this new version are specifically for making ATI 5xxx installation easy.

The changes made were:
  • 1) Renaming "ATY_Init" to "ATY_Init Uakari" to reflect that the default ATY_Init from netkas is configured to use the Uakari Frame Buffer.
    2) Adding "ATY_Init Vervet" which uses the Vervet Frame Buffer for ATI 57xx cards only.
    3) Renaming "ATI 5xxx Support 1.6.18.13" to "ATI 5xxx Support 1.6.18.13 (8408)" to provide the full version information for the drivers from the iMac Update. FYI, I added to it every ATI 5xxx device id from the AMD Developer site.
    4) Removed "ATI 5xxx Support 1.6.18.10" which was older version of drivers from the Mac Mini Update.
    5) Removed Verbose Options from com.apple.boot.plist and replaced them with
    [list:3o0ffzzd]- "32-bit GraphicsEnabler=No" to Advanced Options -> com.apple.boot.plist
    - "64-bit GraphicsEnabler=No" to Advanced Options -> com.apple.boot.plist
[/list:u:3o0ffzzd]

So what does this all mean. I found that the "Batmobile" wouldn't work with the Uakari Frame Buffer. So I created "ATY_Init Vervet" by editing the Info.plist in the latest ATY_Init from netkas and for the 5700 Series only, I replaced Uakari with Vervet. With this new ATY_Init and the drivers from the iMac Update, the "Batmobile" works great. Both DVI ports work separately or together with no restrictions. I don't have a Displayport monitor so I can test that and haven't had a chance to test the HDMI port. The only downside to this method is that ATY_Init is a 32-bit only kext and GraphicsEnabler needs to be set to No. So now you know why I made these changes to MultiBeast.

With these changes, you can now configure everything to support a 5xxx card in a single pass.

So here are the steps I used on a freshly installed system:

• 1.) Boot using iBoot ATI 5xxx-3
    2.) Install OS X
    3.) Reboot using iBoot ATI 5xxx-3
    4.) Remove iBoot ATI 5xxx-3 disc.
    5.) Launch MultiBeast but don't let the installer run
    6.) Launch and install Mac OS X v10.6.4 Update (Combo), but don't click restart when it completes
    7.) Launch and install Snow Leopard Graphics Update, but don't click restart when it completes
    8.) Run MultiBeast with the following options:
    [list:3o0ffzzd]- UserDSDT
    - Advanced Options -> Kexts -> Audio -> LegacyHDA -> ALC889 (or the codec for your board)
    - Advanced Options -> Kexts -> Graphics -> Enablers -> ATY_Init Vervet
    - Advanced Options -> Kexts -> Network -> Realtek Gigabyte Ethernet -> RealtekR1000SL
    - Advanced Options -> com.apple.boot.plist -> 32-bit GraphicsEnabler=No
9.) Close MultiBeast and click restart on Mac OS X v10.6.4 Update (Combo) or Snow Leopard Graphics Update
10.) Enjoy your Radeon HD 57/58/59xx [/list:u:3o0ffzzd]

Previous steps:
  • 1) Boot using iBoot ATI-5xxx, I used -2.
    2) Installed the 10.6.4 Combo Update (I always do this instead of using the delta updates)
    3) In MultiBeast I chose:
    [list:3o0ffzzd]- UserDSDT
    - System Utilities
    - Advanced Options -> Kexts -> Audio -> LegacyHDA -> ALC885/889a
    - Advanced Options -> Kexts -> Graphics -> ATI -> ATI 5xxx Support 1.6.18.13 (8408)
    - Advanced Options -> Kexts -> Network -> Realtek Gigabyte Ethernet -> RealtekR1000SL
4) Reboot after installation completes[/list:u:3o0ffzzd]

That's it, no 2 step installation or deleting kexts from /System/Library/Extensions.

This method is only for the 57xx, 58xx and 59xx cards as there is no support in ATY_Init for the 56xx cards.

:headbang:

hey,macmac

i am using the iBoot ATI 5xxx-3 and multibeast 2.2.2 to install my Sapphire hd5770 1g ,i5 760 and ga h55-ud3h f10 bios, i installed 10.6.3 retail version and then follow your step without userdsdt, but i got a panic at atiradeonx3000.kext. i tried many times and i can confirm all the step is followed yours. any advise or help? thanks.
if you need, i can provide detail info.

just like tintinxn i have a sapphire 5770 1gb card, and i've been trying every method but still can't get it to work.

its connected to a i7 870 / ga-p55a-ud4
as for the sittuations i've got;

- nothing happened
- fans 100% / black screen

i don't know if it matters or not, but when i do the 10.6.4 update, it crashes along with all the other opened apps (multibeast) a few seconds after it promps the installation complete window..

i'm getting kinda frustrated because i got everything to work but the graphics card... and i've read all of this topic finding no solution to my problem :(

tintinxn said:
MacMan said:
I recently picked up the GIGABYTE GV-R577UD-1GD Radeon HD 5770 "Batmobile" video card and have perfected a very simple installation method using MultiBeast 2.1.4 2.2.2. All of the changes in this new version are specifically for making ATI 5xxx installation easy.

The changes made were:
  • 1) Renaming "ATY_Init" to "ATY_Init Uakari" to reflect that the default ATY_Init from netkas is configured to use the Uakari Frame Buffer.
    2) Adding "ATY_Init Vervet" which uses the Vervet Frame Buffer for ATI 57xx cards only.
    3) Renaming "ATI 5xxx Support 1.6.18.13" to "ATI 5xxx Support 1.6.18.13 (8408)" to provide the full version information for the drivers from the iMac Update. FYI, I added to it every ATI 5xxx device id from the AMD Developer site.
    4) Removed "ATI 5xxx Support 1.6.18.10" which was older version of drivers from the Mac Mini Update.
    [list:mux8x853]- "32-bit GraphicsEnabler=No" to Advanced Options -> com.apple.boot.plist
[/list:u:mux8x853]

So what does this all mean. I found that the "Batmobile" wouldn't work with the Uakari Frame Buffer. So I created "ATY_Init Vervet" by editing the Info.plist in the latest ATY_Init from netkas and for the 5700 Series only, I replaced Uakari with Vervet. With this new ATY_Init and the drivers from the iMac Update, the "Batmobile" works great. Both DVI ports work separately or together with no restrictions. I don't have a Displayport monitor so I can test that and haven't had a chance to test the HDMI port. The only downside to this method is that ATY_Init is a 32-bit only kext and GraphicsEnabler needs to be set to No. So now you know why I made these changes to MultiBeast.

With these changes, you can now configure everything to support a 5xxx card in a single pass.

2.) Install OS X
    6.) Launch and install Mac OS X v10.6.4 Update (Combo), but don't click restart when it completes
    7.) Launch and install Snow Leopard Graphics Update, but don't click restart when it completes
    [list:mux8x853]- UserDSDT
    - Advanced Options -> Kexts -> Audio -> LegacyHDA -> ALC889 (or the codec for your board)
9.) Close MultiBeast and click restart on Mac OS X v10.6.4 Update (Combo) or Snow Leopard Graphics Update
10.) Enjoy your Radeon HD 57/58/59xx [/list:u:mux8x853]

Previous steps:
    2) Installed the 10.6.4 Combo Update (I always do this instead of using the delta updates)
    [list:mux8x853]- UserDSDT
    - System Utilities
    - Advanced Options -> Kexts -> Graphics -> ATI -> ATI 5xxx Support 1.6.18.13 (8408)
4) Reboot after installation completes[/list:u:mux8x853]

That's it, no 2 step installation or deleting kexts from /System/Library/Extensions.

This method is only for the 57xx, 58xx and 59xx cards as there is no support in ATY_Init for the 56xx cards.

hey,macmac

i am using the iBoot ATI 5xxx-3 and multibeast 2.2.2 to install my Sapphire hd5770 1g ,i5 760 and ga h55-ud3h f10 bios, i installed 10.6.3 retail version and then follow your step without userdsdt, but i got a panic at atiradeonx3000.kext. i tried many times and i can confirm all the step is followed yours. any advise or help? thanks.
Did you install the 10.6.4 Combo Update?

aiidonevs said:
just like tintinxn i have a sapphire 5770 1gb card, and i've been trying every method but still can't get it to work.

- nothing happened

i don't know if it matters or not, but when i do the 10.6.4 update, it crashes along with all the other opened apps (multibeast) a few seconds after it promps the installation complete window..

i'm getting kinda frustrated because i got everything to work but the graphics card... and i've read all of this topic finding no solution to my problem :(
You can always install 10.6.4, reboot using iBoot, install the Graphics Update and MultiBeast and reboot without iBoot. Or You can reboot after the Graphics Update with iBoot and then install MultiBeast.

MacMan said:
aiidonevs said:

- nothing happened

You can always install 10.6.4, reboot using iBoot, install the Graphics Update and MultiBeast and reboot without iBoot. Or You can reboot after the Graphics Update with iBoot and then install MultiBeast.

thanks for your always fast responses MacMan!
I've actually tried that too having no success. I had to uses the beelzebozo method that is on the forum. But no dual-screen :(

Also, I would really appreciate it if you could take a look at my user build topic just made a few minutes ago, since i still got a lot of n00b issues with the built. :)

Hi Macman,

Followed your guide to install my Powercolor 5770 HD on my P55M-UD2 board. Everything works great. Thank you for all the effort and hardwork you put in. Any idea when 64-bit will be supported? Thanks again!

jontsang said:
Hi Macman,

Followed your guide to install my Powercolor 5770 HD on my P55M-UD2 board. Everything works great. Thank you for all the effort and hardwork you put in. Any idea when 64-bit will be supported? Thanks again!
There is ongoing work to add ATI 5xxx support to Chameleon in RC5. Stay tuned for updates.

MacMan said:
tintinxn said:
MacMan said:

The changes made were:
    [list:1hj1gy04]- "32-bit GraphicsEnabler=No" to Advanced Options -> com.apple.boot.plist
[/list:u:1hj1gy04]

2.) Install OS X
    [list:1hj1gy04]- UserDSDT
10.) Enjoy your Radeon HD 57/58/59xx [/list:u:1hj1gy04]

Previous steps:
    [list:1hj1gy04]- UserDSDT
    - System Utilities
4) Reboot after installation completes[/list:u:1hj1gy04]

hey,macmac

Did you install the 10.6.4 Combo Update?

hey,macman:
i already solved the problem,by using dsdt,H55-ud3h f3 version dsdt, now i got a perfect hacktonish.Thank you very much for your guide.
before, i tried many times and get a lot of x3000 panic,i also tried to delete x3000 kext,and got another problem like www read fail,some time out etc.
So i tried
1, a freshly setup with 10.6.3 retail again by using iBoot ATI 5xxx-3,reboot
2, run 10.6.4 combo update, reboot
3, start system by iboot, setup chameleon 518,
4, put dsdt file and video rom into /extra,
5, run graphic update and replace with boot7 .reboot

though,my step is little different with macman's,but if i follow macman's step by using dsdt will also be good. i think the most important step is put dsdt into extra.Everyone who get panic i think should try dsdt in macman's dsdt database.

anyway,thanks macman and tonymac. All the system setup tool is from you.I must say it's a great work.

I don't know if this will help some of you, but since MacMan's method didn't work out for me I got my 5770 to work in another way.

1. iBoot 5*** -3 + Install 10.6.3 + Reboot
2. iBoot 5*** -3 + Install 10.6.4 Combo Update + Multibeast with UserDSDT for your motherboard + Audio + etc. etc.
3. Reboot and Install Snow Leopard Graphics Update
4. Reboot and voilá! Worked for me!

Thanks MacMan for your input so that I got this to finally work!

DR_Mac said:
So I just did a new, clean fresh install. I had a problem with the updaters, that while I had Multibeast open, the program, and the updates closed on me. I tried doing it again, and same thing. I then just opened Multibeast, and did the steps in the first post.

Now when I boot up I get:
1285127154682.jpg

Then in -v mode I get:
1285127343748.jpg

I have the same error however enabling XMP is not fixing this for me (I have 1333MHz ram and it's recognised correctly).
Tried kabyl's bootloader, mohamed's bootloader, this iboot with 5xxx support and manual install with aty_init. All on a fresh install, nothing is working for me.

I have seen a few people with this problem, all on a 5750 card. Is there a fix?

EDIT: I've managed to get it working by injecting device-id 0x68be1002 into ATI5000 kext, info.plist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back