Contribute
Register

Simple HD 57/58/59xx Installation Using MultiBeast [OLD]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: UPDATED Simple HD 57/58/59xx Installation Using MultiBeast

Thank you anyway. I success to install ATI kexts, using guide to install first ati5000controller.kext , atisupport.kext, and atiframebufer.kext, and after restart i instaled other ati drivers and now is working in full resolution.

slavke1976 said:
Thank you anyway. I success to install ATI kexts, using guide to install first ati5000controller.kext , atisupport.kext, and atiframebufer.kext, and after restart i instaled other ati drivers and now is working in full resolution.

I think I did the same thing. I used the kext install utility to install the following kexts:

-ATI5000Controller.kext
-ATIFramebuffer.kext
-ATISupport.kext

From a clean mac osx install and installing those three kexts was I able to get full resolution but I did NOT get QE/CI.

What "other ATI drivers" did you install? Do you have QE/CI working? Seems I only "partially" installed my 5870...

infra said:
slavke1976 said:

I think I did the same thing. I used the kext install utility to install the following kexts:

-ATI5000Controller.kext
-ATIFramebuffer.kext
-ATISupport.kext

From a clean mac osx install and installing those three kexts was I able to get full resolution but I did NOT get QE/CI.

What "other ATI drivers" did you install? Do you have QE/CI working? Seems I only "partially" installed my 5870...
Where did you get those kexts from? All you need to do install the Snow Leopard Graphics Update for 10.6.4

Just wanted to share my success story!

I have to clarify that, on a clerical error on my part, I had the 5750 from XFX. I decided I wanted to switch that to the card I actually meant to buy, and exchanged it for the DIAMOND 5770. After that, I had reported that my RAM wasn't being registered correctly during the BIOS boot up. I have the 1600mhz RAM, and it was being seen as the 1067mhz. I went into the BIOS and turned on the XMP (enabled it), did a fresh install with the new video card, and everything worked PERFECTLY! First try. Followed the instructions, and BLAMO!

I also used Easy Kext to install the new Ethernet Kext, and that works perfectly with sleep. The only thing, that I can tell, is that the HDMI audio isn't working. But meh - whatever. I look forward to whatever 64 bit goodness may be in the fold! Thanks MacMan, and Tony so much for all the things you guys are doing on this site. It was very easy once I got out of the way of myself, let the software do what it was supposed to.

edit: I'm curious if there's any thoughts on this method, or the work that's going on here: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index. ... 31768&st=0

I apologize if this is seen in bad taste, and I'll remove if such a request is made by posting link to another forum.

MacMan said:
Where did you get those kexts from? All you need to do install the Snow Leopard Graphics Update for 10.6.4

It was a driver package released by Netkas. I'd have to get the link later.

I went from 10.6.3 to 10.6.4. Is the SL Graphics Update not included with the 10.6.4 update or are you saying that once I've upgraded to 10.6.4, I should then do an additional Apple Update where it will have a Graphics Update available for download?

infra said:
MacMan said:

I went from 10.6.3 to 10.6.4. Is the SL Graphics Update not included with the 10.6.4 update or are you saying that once I've upgraded to 10.6.4, I should then do an additional Apple Update where it will have a Graphics Update available for download?
The Graphics Update is for 10.6.4 and adds support for the ATI 5xxx cards. That is why it's listed in the guide at the top of this thread.

I extracted drivers from SL graphics update 1.0, then i first instaled that 3 kexta and the reboted and then other kexts, and everything works well for now.

MacMan said:
infra said:
MacMan said:

The Graphics Update is for 10.6.4 and adds support for the ATI 5xxx cards. That is why it's listed in the guide at the top of this thread.

Oh jeez. A little slow on the up take as of late. I totally overlooked that step. Apologies. Thanks for your patience.

I'll give it a go again and report back.

Report: QE/CI is now working. Wow, amazing omission on my part!

Thanks again MacMan.

FYI - All my blue ports are occupied and I was lazy to hook up my mac osx hdd to the blue port...so I went with the GSATA port with AHCI enabled. I'm not sure about PRE-INSTALLATION (as MacMans says to use the blue port), but I am able to boot into MacOSX with my hdd connect to the GSATA (white) port after the installation is done.

lucas_kiwi said:
Ok, so it's working only when i use DVI to VGA adapter buuuuuuut my resolution is only 1920x1200 and should be 2560x1600. Is it any solution to this problem?
AFAIK you can't do 2560x1600 over VGA, you need dual link DVI. Why do you need the VGA adapter?

DR_Mac said:
edit: I'm curious if there's any thoughts on this method, or the work that's going on here: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index. ... 31768&st=0

I switched from ATY_init to that boot loader last week, and it's working great. I'm now back to booting in 64-bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back