Register

Simple HD 57/58/59xx Installation Using MultiBeast [OLD]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Simple ATI Radeon HD 5xxx Installation

bamrock said:
MacMan said:
notshy said:
Also, your guide says User DSDT and then a lot of options, do we need ur DSDT for the card to work or they only for mobo installation?
This was just to show you can do everything at initial installation. I don't think you would need a DSDT for it to work.

If you have a running system and want to add a 5xxx card you can just use the following options in MultiBeast 2.1.4:

• Advanced Options -> Kexts -> Graphics Enablers -> ATY_Init Vervet or ATY_Init Uakari
    Advanced Options -> Kexts -> Graphics -> ATI -> ATI 5xxx Support 1.6.18.13 (8408)
    Advanced Options -> com.apple.boot.plist -> 32-bit GraphicsEnabler=No

That's all it would take.

I'm sorry if this has been covered or if it's really easy but I'm using Multibeast 2.1.4 (I think...the zip isn't labeled but I got it from viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3986 and clicked Download multibeast here. Anyway...I cannot find under Advanced Options -> Kexts -> Graphics -> ATI -> ATI 5xxx support. Mine only has four different ATI 48xx options there and nothing about 5xxx. Can someone please give me a hint on why I'm not seeing the 5 series? Thanks very much in advance.

Please read the MultiBeast 2.2.0 thread - you don't need "ATI 5xxx Support 1.6.18.13" with the Mac Graphics Update 1.0

http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=54&t=5568

Re: UPDATED Simple HD 57/58/59xx Installation Using MultiBeast

MacMan said:
trevolutionary said:
So since the original post has been edited it no longer specifies that this will be 32-bit only. Is the newest workaround working in 64-bit mode?
This is from the 3rd paragraph and hasn't changed since this was first published:
The only downside to this method is that ATY_Init is a 32-bit only kext and GraphicsEnabler needs to be set to No.
Notice the bolded text.

Guess I skipped right over that, saw a quote from the original and it was a separate bolded line.

My bad, definite noobness shining through :(

3) UseDSDT

what DSDT For my BIOS/MotherBoard than? there are so many that I don't know what to select!

wizzra said:
3) UseDSDT

what DSDT For my BIOS/MotherBoard than? there are so many that I don't know what to select!

Look in the DSDT Databse at the top. Pick the one that matches your motherboard model and current BIOS revision.

Kurtz79 said:
Hi, if someone could help me with what I explained above it would be great, I would like to know if someone had the same symptoms (no KP, system boots ok but desktop does not load).

Also if you had problems installing with iBoot-Ati, since I can´t seem to do that as well.

I have the same problem than above. Installed Snow Leopard with iBoot, then 10.6.4 and multibeast with DSDT, Ati_init Vervet, GraphicsEnabler32 = no and everything was running quite fine but at 1024x768. Then I tried the Graphics Updater 1.0 and the god damm KP error again and again...

Anyone with another method?

I'm having problems with the "easy" method, but it's no surprise given that all the other methods I've tried have failed. I'm installing on an older mobo (Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L with a Q6600) and a shiny new XFX Radeon 5750 1GB. All proceeded well until after running MultiBeast. I don't get a KP, but rather some strange graphics garbage upon final boot. It looks something like a gray and white checkerboard. The system still appears to be functioning, but the display is garbage.

I'm not sure what to try to fix this issue. Some thoughts that occur to me are to delete the NV* kexts, check the ATI kexts for my device ID (though shouldn't I just get VESA graphics if it's wrong?), try a DVI-VGA dongle, try a different DVI port or monitor. Before I go through all that, though, I'd like some feedback on the most likely solution, plus I'm at work right now.

My setup presents some twists. Right now, I'm trying to test drive this on a USB drive before trying to install it to my main hard drive (which has XP on it.) The USB part appears to work fine, because the system booted OK by itself without the ATI hacks. I'm also using an old school 22" Apple Cinema Display with a weird native resolution (1600x1024) and an ADC-to-DVI converter. I do have another monitor I can try (eMachine E211H), but it has it's own set of problems. The Apple monitor doesn't have a VGA connector, but the E211H does. As noted above, I'm also using an older motherboard without any prebuilt DSDT files, so I'm using EasyBeast. Other options selected included no audio, Asere bootloader, GraphicsEnabler32 set to no, ATY_init Vervet, and using iBoot-ATI5xxxx-3.

Anyone have any thoughts or suggestions?

Hello!

I install 10.6.4 + Graphics update, use iBoot Ati 5xxx-3 + Multibeast from this topic.

DVI works fine. HDMI not worked :(

So I just did a new, clean fresh install. I had a problem with the updaters, that while I had Multibeast open, the program, and the updates closed on me. I tried doing it again, and same thing. I then just opened Multibeast, and did the steps in the first post.

Now when I boot up I get:
1285127154682.jpg

Then in -v mode I get:
1285127343748.jpg

If I booted using -x I can get into the OS, and I noticed that my RAM isn't registered correctly, and while the video card says it's a 5700 series, it's not dead on. I have the XFX ATI Radeon 5770.

I would really appreciate some help! Thank you!

Attachments

• 1285127154682.jpg
    1285127154682.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 112
  • 1285127343748.jpg
    1285127343748.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 115

Hey all

Been scouring the forums for several hours now and I have managed to get my system up and running. However I have a question about QE/CI. I am forced to disable it (graphicsenabler=no) like most people. However I'm also reading that others with the ATI 5870 like myself are running with QE/CI enabled. My card is recognized correctly as a 5870 with 1024mb of vram running at 1920x1200, but if I enable QE/CI I get the black screen and scary loud 100% fan.

Can someone give me the full story about this?

Cheers.

I5 750
P55a-ud3 rev. 1.0
Sapphire 5870 reference

infra said:
Hey all

Been scouring the forums for several hours now and I have managed to get my system up and running. However I have a question about QE/CI. I am forced to disable it (graphicsenabler=no) like most people. However I'm also reading that others with the ATI 5870 like myself are running with QE/CI enabled. My card is recognized correctly as a 5870 with 1024mb of vram running at 1920x1200, but if I enable QE/CI I get the black screen and scary loud 100% fan.

Can someone give me the full story about this?

Cheers.

I5 750
P55a-ud3 rev. 1.0
Sapphire 5870 reference
GraphicsEnabler=no has nothing to do with QE/CI. It's for enabling or disabling the graphics enabler code in Chameleon.

Setting it to yes is what's causing your problem.

Search for testing QE/CI on the board.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back