Contribute
Register

Simple HD 57/58/59xx Installation Using MultiBeast [OLD]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Simple Radeon HD 57/58/59xx Installation Using MultiBeast

wfj said:
I too was experiencing KP's using Multibeast to install drivers for the 5770. I finally just decided to install the graphics kexts manually using the following guide and everything is fine:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4175

For the record:

P55M-UD4
i5 750
Sapphire Vapor-X 5770

Hey, i´m having kernels panic too, following the guide of this multibeast 2.1.4 thread.

I boot with iBoot Ati 5xxx-2,
Install fresh OSX, reboot, update with combo 10.6.4, and then i run Multibeast.
The install process (waiting for reboot), get crashed, together with Multibeast.

Run multibeast again, and when it get almost at the end, i got kernel panics.

I tried it twice (this guide, but many many other times with others versions of MB, etc).

my system specs are very similar to yours, wfj. The thing is that you specify differents mothers models on the message and on your signature. You've suggested to follow the "manual guide" of the other link, but if you read the first post, the guy is saying that we must follow this guide hahaha =) =O

my specs:
Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD3 F9
i5 750 2.66Ghz
2x2Gb DDR3 Gskill RIPJAWS 1333mhz
Sapphire HD5770 1GB GDDR5 Vapor-X

Bios resetted to defaults with AHCI and HPET 64bits enabled.

I did not read anyone payin' attention to their ATI card's firmware... maybe the problem is in there? maybe the difference between the various success/kernel panics are related to people having differents firmware versions on their 5xxx ati cards? i'm just thinking, may be i'm wrong, don't know...

So..... i´m lost here. But now i see that i´m not alone. I readed 3 or 4 more persons that are having the same KP's problem while running this multibeast guide.

i'm tired of kp's .. but i'll keep tryin' =)

bye!
Sergio (from Buenos Aires, Argentina).

So I finally got this to not double panic (well it did double panic during multibeast, but everything is working great regardless) now I see this Graphics update in auto-updates that came out today... shall I avoid this at all costs? or is it relatively safe to update?

TouchMyBox said:
So I finally got this to not double panic (well it did double panic during multibeast, but everything is working great regardless) now I see this Graphics update in auto-updates that came out today... shall I avoid this at all costs? or is it relatively safe to update?

if it is a vanilla version you have installed and upgraded its should be no problem installed Graphics updates. they say in insanlymac that it gives 60-70 more fps in games

i havent updated it yet because im at work and just got my osx86 with2x5770 crossfire to work yesterday. :headbang:

nic0 said:
TouchMyBox said:

if it is a vanilla version you have installed and upgraded its should be no problem installed Graphics updates. they say in insanlymac that it gives 60-70 more fps in games

i havent updated it yet because im at work and just got my osx86 with2x5770 crossfire to work yesterday. :headbang:

Mhh, ive a 10.6.4 install without DSDT..

Should i install the Graphics Update 1.0 or not ? I have 5750 on Asus P7P55

I dont play games or any Graphics Apps.. so i dont think think i really need it ?

:(
my ATI 5770 seemed to work fine but now i found 2D glitches in Adobe Indesign CS4 (moving Objects leaves traces and "phantom objects"). Some buttons inside PS are "boxed".

3D seems to work fine, Open GL test works nicely.
Geekbench crashes on start.
framebuffer = vervet
Install: iboot supported (with GT9600 card, then 5770) & MB

Any hints what might be wrong? What should i test next?

thanks!
-------
10.6.4, X58A-UD7, 980x@4, 6GB Kingston DD3, ATI HD5770

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2010-08-18 um 16.24.15.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2010-08-18 um 16.24.15.png
    24 KB · Views: 209
  • Bildschirmfoto 2010-08-18 um 16.24.29.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2010-08-18 um 16.24.29.png
    38.8 KB · Views: 201
  • Bildschirmfoto 2010-08-18 um 16.25.57.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2010-08-18 um 16.25.57.png
    13.1 KB · Views: 197

As i said on my previous post in this thread, i have kernel panics when i try to run Multibeast 2.1.4

I tried it for the third time and i keep having the same error.

This time i did a fresh install, but when i applied the combo update 10.6.4, i rebooted, hoping that doing things this way i'll get a more stable system.
Then, booted back again (through iboot ati 5xxx-2), and once in the desktop i tried multibeast, with all options described as here on first post, but obviously adapted to my own configuration.

So, almost at the end (less than a minute), when the program says "running scripting packages" or something like that (can't remember), i got the the "double panic" problem.

Luckily i took a pic of the screen to share with you, so we can go deeper on this.

At first, i´m thinking that it's a sound related problem. As you can see on the screenshot, it says something like that (i´m too ignorant to understand more than this).
Then after this error, i rebooted and tried (with iboot ati 5xxx-2 -v mode), to get into the OS, and could not get in. But the kernel panic was talking about the audio too...
so that's the reason why i´m doing this relation.

The audio chip of my GA-P55A-UD3 mother is realtek 888.

So.... i attach the screenshot looking for help =)
thanks.
18082010071b.jpg

Attachments

• 18082010071b.jpg
    18082010071b.jpg
    216 KB · Views: 176

fit said:
As i said on my previous post in this thread, i have kernel panics when i try to run Multibeast 2.1.4

I tried it for the third time and i keep having the same error.

This time i did a fresh install, but when i applied the combo update 10.6.4, i rebooted, hoping that doing things this way i'll get a more stable system.
Then, booted back again (through iboot ati 5xxx-2), and once in the desktop i tried multibeast, with all options described as here on first post, but obviously adapted to my own configuration.

So, almost at the end (less than a minute), when the program says "running scripting packages" or something like that (can't remember), i got the the "double panic" problem.

Luckily i took a pic of the screen to share with you, so we can go deeper on this.

At first, i´m thinking that it's a sound related problem. As you can see on the screenshot, it says something like that (i´m too ignorant to understand more than this).
Then after this error, i rebooted and tried (with iboot ati 5xxx-2 -v mode), to get into the OS, and could not get in. But the kernel panic was talking about the audio too...
so that's the reason why i´m doing this relation.

The audio chip of my GA-P55A-UD3 mother is realtek 888.

So.... i attach the screenshot looking for help =)
thanks.
18082010071b.jpg

try to boot in single mode and mount your / drive, after you done that you should try to remove or move you /Extra/Extension dir. after that boot up with iboot, i have many problems with KP because i have selected the wrong driver for mine.

im not sure what kext you should use for your MB.

i tried for the 4th time and in multibeast selected only chameleon (and "showallfiles"), and did work, so i can boot from hd.

BUT... then i rebooted and in mb again, to continue with the installation so this time i checked ONLY vervet enabler and ati 5xxx kext... rebooted.. and kernel panic.

i can't get into desktop with hd chameleon nor iboot atixxxx2 cd..

so... now i think that the problem is with the video kexts or the way that multibeast is installing it.

How can i do it manually?

hmm sounds weird.

i know how you can delete your ATI driver, and maybe you should try that and then you have a good chance to get into desktop again..

the ATI driver are laying in /S/L/E and if you cd you way to there, you can make rm -rf ATI* and they will be gone.

im not sure its only the ATI driver, but try it out :)

what about lan and audio?

Hello MacMan I have been looking for a easy way to use a hd 4870 with SL and have not found one. If I were able to get it working would it be 64bit. and can MultiBeast be helpful
thank you in advance. :?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back