Contribute
Register

Simple HD 57/58/59xx Installation Using MultiBeast [OLD]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Simple Radeon HD 57/58/59xx Installation Using MultiBeast

didn't work for me. I had to reinstall 3 times. I didn't check anything for the Video kexts and just disabled GraphicEnabler then followed the youtube vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Zu7jrytnso

now it woks.

Thank you for the guidance which have lead me to successfully make my system 100% working. :headbang:

no qe/ci though ha?

Braves4life said:
Same thing was happening for me. Here's the steps I took:

<snip>

For me the 5700 multiboot installation gives me a kernel panic about 1 out of 2 times. With the clone I don't have to redo everything up to that point.

That's interesting. I will try it when I get home from work. I'm curious, how many attempts did you make to arrive at the 1/2 figure? Because I'm 0 for 4 as of now.

I too was experiencing KP's using Multibeast to install drivers for the 5770. I finally just decided to install the graphics kexts manually using the following guide and everything is fine:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4175

For the record:

P55M-UD4
i5 750
Sapphire Vapor-X 5770

Re: Simple ATI Radeon HD 5xxx Installation

Ok. Cool. Thanks. I think i've discovered the source of all my problems. Looks like I got RAM that was slightly off spec from what was on the Customac Build page. The model of OCZ Ram is off by about 2 numbers and I checked Gigabyte's list of compatible RAM and the specific one I bought is NOT on the list! Also got a tip that you can't really on the bios to properly see the RAM speed. Have to manually select the settings/timings in the BIOS in order for the RAM to operate at full 1600 speed. It actually works this way but I'm still sending the RAM back since Gigabyte has not verified it as compatible. This caused me about a week's worth of problems!! New RAM should be here in two days and all my problems I think will be gone. So I'm running my system in the Failsafe Bios mode and everything works just slower with my DSDT I got from Nullspot over at insanelymac. even sleep/wake works properly with it. So thanks a lot MacMan.

Hello Macman. Can you do me a favor and upload pictures of the settings of your BIOS when you did your install? Also, did you use a DSDT or did you go without one?[/quote]
My BIOS settings are identical to what Lnx2Mac has posted, so you can get the list from his post or blog.

I prefer using with a DSDT and used the ones from the database for both motherboards.[/quote]

I have the kernel panic problem by following this guide or manually, I think the problem (in my case) is for the dual-boot on one hdd, just because the snow leopard install works, anyone can help me? or do I have to wait for 10.6.5

h55m-usb3
i5 750
GIGABYTE Radeon HD 5770 "Batmobile"
HyperX 2GB Ram
Seagate 500gb

Sorry for my bad english

The problem i found at least with my set up is,
that the device id for my ati 5830 is listed in ATIRadeonX3000.kext and
ATI5000Controller.kext that causes my kp

Hi, this is my first post here!

I've succesfully installed my hackintosh via iBoot ATI 5xxx, but now I'm stuck with those drivers. I have a PowerColor Radeon HD5750 graphic card, so what should I do next? I've allready ran a multibeast and solved Ethernet and Audio, but I didn't do anything with Graphic drivers. The problem is that I cannot reinstall my system because of my Win7 drive which is RAID 0 and I shuld not change any BIOS settings for install any more.

So, what should I do to succeed in first try?

Regards, Miha

Hey all,
Tested the multi-beast and the two step 5770 install, with a HDMI to DVI adapter,and Display-port to DVI adapter, still no signal except for the standard DVI monitor plug, I have my 46" Samsung plugged to the HDMI output all the time anyway, so it is not a matter of loading a second port, still only single display with ATI5xxx drivers.

DVI = yes
HDMI = no
DP = no

but I´m not giving up. :!:

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back