Contribute
Register

Sign in app store issues after 10.6.8 & Lion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Sign in app store issues after 10.6.8 update Fix

I'm glad that it worked for you! As for PCI card list, my Mac OS doesn't show it as well. I think it's not a big deal if everything works :)

Try @Riad guide above, but can't find Airport Extreme then I am using gfx -f ethernet. But still can not make it works.

zen338 said:
Try @Riad guide above, but can't find Airport Extreme then I am using gfx -f ethernet. But still can not make it works.

I think unless you are connecting to the internet via ethernet, using ethernet to build the string won't work but I could be wrong. If you are using Aiport Extreme to connect to the internet, you should be able to also find the device path in the '/L/P/SystemConfiguration/NetworkInterfaces.plist' file that looks like the following

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>Interfaces</key>
<array>
<dict>
<key>Active</key>
<true/>
<key>BSD Name</key>
<string>en0</string>
<key>IOBuiltin</key>
<true/>
<key>IOInterfaceType</key>
<integer>6</integer>
<key>IOInterfaceUnit</key>
<integer>0</integer>
<key>IOMACAddress</key>
<data>
ACYI/5iS
</data>
<key>IOPathMatch</key>
<string>IOService:/AppleACPIPlatformExpert/PCI0@0/AppleACPIPCI/BR27@1C,7/IOPCI2PCIBridge/pci14e4,432b@0/AirPort_Brcm43224/AirPort_Brcm43224Interface</string>
<key>SCNetworkInterfaceInfo</key>
<dict>
<key>UserDefinedName</key>
<string>AirPort</string>
</dict>
<key>SCNetworkInterfaceType</key>
<string>IEEE80211</string>
</dict>

So I played with it little more, I confirmed that I did not need the second boot.plist file in /L/P/SC directory. Having one of these file in the /Extra directory seems to work but gotta have that EFI string in there along with other things mentioned in the post above and else where.

I thought I might chime in with my experience.

(please note shortened typing to save time)

First I tried EthernetBuiltIn - Yes as mentioned in the first page with no success.
Renaming Ethernet Adaptor (en0) to Ethernet (en0) was of little consequence even though that's how I have it now.
PCIRootUID - 1 as mentioned on page2 did nothing as well.
Adding a string for my Network adaptor in com.Apple.boot.plist worked but led to a conflict with my Graphics strings.
I spent a little time familiarizing with EFIStudio and combined both XML into one hex.
Voila!

Notes:
In EFIStudio i used the Device Path function to find my Ethernet which at the time was called Ethernet (en0) and used the return value to verify the XML string.
Next, I had to dig up the old XML string which I originally used to create the hex for my GTX280 and combined it into the open XML string for Ethernet.
One thing to keep an eye on is the <dict> and </dict> so you dont get the information in the wrong enclosure. That was my mistake.
Combined it should look something like mine (please note I used numbered dashes to indicate the <dict> heirarchy since this doesn't preserve formatting)

• <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
    <plist version="1.0">
    -<dict>
    <key>PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)</key>
    --<dict>
    <key>@0,compatible</key>
    <string>NVDA,NVMac</string>
    <key>@0,device_type</key>
    <string>display</string>
    <key>@0,name</key>
    <string>NVDA,Display-A</string>
    <key>@1,compatible</key>
    <string>NVDA,NVMac</string>
    <key>@1,device_type</key>
    <string>display</string>
    <key>@1,name</key>
    <string>NVDA,Display-B</string>
    <key>@2,#adress-cells</key>
    <string>0x01000000</string>
    <key>@2,#size-cells</key>
    <string>0x00000000</string>
    <key>@2,compatible</key>
    <string>NVDA,sensor-parent</string>
    <key>@2,device_type</key>
    <string>NVDA,gpu-diode</string>
    <key>@2,hwctrl-params-version</key>
    <string>0x02000000</string>
    <key>@2,hwsensor-params-version</key>
    <key>@2,name</key>
    <string>sensor-parent</string>
    <key>@2,reg</key>
    <key>NVCAP</key>
    <data>BAAAAAAAAwAMAAAAAAAABwAAAAA=</data>
    <key>NVPM</key>
    <data>AQAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA==</data>
    <key>VRAM,totalsize</key>
    <data>AAAAQA==</data>
    <key>device_type</key>
    <string>NVDA,GeForce</string>
    <key>model</key>
    <string>NVIDIA GeForce GTX 280 DDL</string>
    <key>name</key>
    <string>NVDA,Parent</string>
    <key>rom-revision</key>
    <string>3172a</string>
    --</dict>
    <key>PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1c,0x2)/Pci(0x0,0x0)</key>
    --<dict>
    <key>built-in</key>
    <string>0x01</string>
    --</dict>
    -</dict>
    </plist>

I was running into the same problem, and neither removing the NetworkInterfaces.plist nor adding EthernetBuiltIn to com.apple.Boot.plist could fix it.

I finally suspected it had something to do with me using a wireless N usb card set to en0, since I didn't have the driver for my onboard NIC installed (Realtek 8111E). To try to force the wireless N card to en1 (just changing en0 to en1 in the NetworkInterfaces.plist file doesn't work as it resets to en0 on reboot), I tried to first install the Lnx2Mac driver in MultiBeast, but apparently that doesn't support the newer 8111E NIC on my board (GA Z68MA-D2H-B3). So I removed the Lnx2Mac driver and tried the Realtek Gigabit Ethernet 2.0.6 driver in MultiBeast, and that did the trick (recognized on reboot).

I then did the remove NetworkInterfaces.plist/remove devices from Network System Preferences step and re-added them, first adding the onboard NIC, then the wireless N usb card. This forced the onboard NIC to en0 and the wireless to en1, and now the App Store works again. I don't know if the onboard NIC actually works with this driver or not, but since I don't use it it doesn't really matter to me.

Worked for me. Thanks amagus!

eelhead said:
This is after updating to 10.6.8

Ok for the app store sign in issues here is a simple fix.

First go to Extra folder and check your com.apple.Boot.plist (or Library/Preferences/System Configuration if its not in extra folder)
to make sure that this string is in it,

<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>

If it isn't add it restart and see if that fixes it.

If it is in there or if adding it didn't help you need to remove some other items
Go to,
System preferences/Network
You'll want to highlight each one and remove it by clicking the - tab at bottom of box.

Then go to,
Library/Preferences/System Configuration
and delete or place on desktop the NetworkInterfaces.plist

Then restart system.

After you restart you will want to go back to System Preferences/Network and
add all the things you removed starting with ethernet.

What I had noticed is that the ethernet was labeled en0 and Airport card was en1 and after update the numbers got switched. It was only switched in the NetworkInterfaces.plist but stayed the same in every other settings so it was give conflicting things while trying to log into the app store.

Thanks Lnx2mac :D
Worked for me!!! :D

Thanks

Your welcome,
It's to bad this fix is hit or miss.
I can't seem to duplicate any other issues when I go back and forth with 10.6.7 and 10.6.8. The method I posted just fixes mine lol

Ok, here's my experience with all these suggestions.

Tried everything, pcirootuid key, del the network plist and devices from sys pref -> networks... none of them worked...

Then i saw the EFI String solution, but since im a bit lazy i tried to search for the string in the ioreg and it didnt went too well either...

Then i decided to download the EFI Studio 1.1 and voila! it worked marvelous!!

Just added the Ethernet device mentioned there, selected to write the converted result directly to my boot plist, (located in system/library not /Extra) restarted the pc and it worked!! In 3 or 4 clicks it solved the problem i had for the past 2 months with this, this one worked amazing, thank you everyone for your support, suggestions and feedback! now i got my app store back!

Greets!!

Adrian

Just exactly how are you guys having your network device names (en0 en1) switched? I thought I'd try this but could not swap the en0 with en1 no matter how many times i rebooted and deleted network interfaces plist files. After blowing away the entire /L/P/SC directory, I had to physically remove the airport card, reboot, add physical Ethernet as the 1st interface to be able to get it to be the en0. Then after powering off, i physically reinstalled my airport card and rebooted, then i was able to re-add it as en1. Then when I connected to the Internet via airport, the Ethernet interface turned green and airport shown as off. Well, so that did not work, EFI string still seems to be my solution, just thought I'd try it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back