Contribute
Register

Sierra, Skylake Sleep/Shutdown Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Uhm, I hope we're not miscommunicating. For clarity purposes, I do have a SSDT-UIAC. In it are all 18 available ports on my mobo: HS01 to 06, 08, 09, and 12 to 14; SS01 to 06 and 09. On top of that I decided to go without HS01-02 ans SS01-02 and excluded them by using the Clover plist boot argument uia_exclude, which brings the total port number down to 14. Or am I mistaken?

Cheers,
Biggy

Please help me out here, what am I looking at?

I see 14 USB ports. HS13 is an USB2 port at the back of my computer/mobo. The manual states: "USB 2.0/1.1 Port.
The USB port supports the USB 2.0/1.1 speci cation. You can connect a USB DAC to this port or use this port for USB devices."

In power management settings of the BIOS there's also this: "USB DAC Power.
Enables or disables the power for the USB DAC connector on the back panel. For a USB DAC that has independent power, set this item to Disabled. (Default: Enabled)."

In that port is the universal receiver for my Logitech keyboard and mouse. Should I move it? Disable DAC power?

14 Ports should be fine. Anything over 15 Ports is exceeding Apples Port Restrictor.

Ok, whick brings us back at post #44...

@Big Had the same problem. Could be related to CPU/GPU Power Management Implementation.
Are you using a ssdtPRgen generated SSDT for your CPU? If so, try using this method:
macOS Native CPU/IGPU Power Management

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back