CPU
i9-9900k
Graphics
Radeon RX 570 4GB
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
This might be a stupid question, but I'm about to build a Hackintosh and am just gathering all the right info that I need to have in order to make setup/installation as smooth as possible.

Does an i7 8700K only work on High Sierra? Or can I still use Sierra with the 8700K?

Best,

Devan

Apologies for that! My personal build signature has been updated.

Does my build have an impact on whether or not Sierra can be installed on an 8700K i7? Most of the DAW's I am using are not compatible with High Sierra, so I want to make sure that this setup can have Sierra installed on it. Keep in mind this build is for music production, not video editing. Here's a more detailed description of the possible build:

CPU: 8700K i7
RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 16GB 3200MHz DDR4
MB: GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS Gaming 5
HD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD
Power: Corsair RM850x 850W
Case: Corsair Carbide Series 330R
Cooling: Corsair CW-9060015-WW Hydro Series Cooling H75
Graphics: MSI GT 710 2GD3 LP

My personal build signature has been updated.
According to your description you have a MSI GT 710 2GD3 LP graphics card, but according to your signature you have a GeForce GT 630.
What is it?

I haven't personally tried, but one user claimed that he uses Sierra with his 8700K.

There was no option for an MSI category, and no option for GeForce GT710, so I picked the 630 since it's the closest spec wise to the MSI GT 710 that I could find. I appreciate you being thorough, but I have a hard time believing that graphics plays into the main question: Can Sierra be installed on a i7 8700K setup?

There was no option for an MSI category, and no option for GeForce GT710, so I picked the 630 since it's the closest spec wise to the MSI GT 710 that I could find.
If you added your details to your profile (personal details) like I asked, you wouldn't have this issue ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back