amd hd5970
Hello Folks I have just built this Hack using the following:-
Z9PE-D8WS mobo
2 X Intel E5-2680 2.7GHz Zeon
32GB ram
AMD/ATI Radeon HD5970 graphic card
Intel 80 GB ssd (experimental)
I am experiencing the following issues:-
Cannot install sierra without using boot arg. npci=0x2000 and when it is installed only 16 meg of ram is recognize, the gpu ram is shown as 3MB only also the cpu comes up as unknown.
I would be very grateful for any advice on resolving these issues.
Thanks

Last edited:
Have you figured this out? I have the same hardware, but haven't been able to install anything newer than Mountain Lion.

If you have time to spend,then you can try installation again.

I will try to help you with my limited knowledge.

Before that, would like to know your exact hardware details.

Have you figured this out? I have the same hardware, but haven't been able to install anything newer than Mountain Lion.

I managed to load Sierra onto the ssd but firstly I had to revert to an old mobo firmware version 3109 which iI managed to purchase from a dude in Germany, https://www.biosflash.com, and I am now using a more recent version 5103, I will next try the latest version 5802 to see how that goes but in the meantime all is well fingers crossed.
To boot Sierra from the unibeast created install usb after the clover you must use boot option npci=0x2000 or npci=0x3000 either one will work and once you run multibeast configure colver with said boot option.

Hey dnesone.

I was just wondering if you ever got it working with the 5802?
I just bought this similar setup from my friend and I'm doing my first Hackintosh... But now I'm on day number 4 still with no luck.

Hang on! This MB is a nightmare but potentialy working. I succeed to install it on Sierra 10.12.4. With a geforce 210 or ATI HD5450. The problem is once installed you never know if it will work again if you need to re install. One thing is sure when it works it blasts the last Mac Pro (i made some benchmarks).

Hang on! This MB is a nightmare but potentialy working. I succeed to install it on Sierra 10.12.4. With a geforce 210 or ATI HD5450. The problem is once installed you never know if it will work again if you need to re install. One thing is sure when it works it blasts the last Mac Pro (i made some benchmarks).
Which firmware you used for Sierra installation?
Currently I'm trying 5802 + GTX770 with no luck. But didn't try boot option npci=0x2000 or npci=0x3000 yet.

Do you mean BIOS version? If Yes the last one.

Try the 5th PCIe port.
Hi Tony:)

Eventually I've managed to install Sierra couple of days ago. Maybe the 5th PCIe port did a trick + some boot options ..
And everything is working now including Nvidia GTX 770. The only thing I can't get is how to enable audio.
I can see that audio is recognized as Intel Patsburg HDA Controller 8086:1D20 but according to MB specification audio chip is based on Realtek 898.
I tried install audio via Multibeast choosing Realtek 898 with no luck:(
Could you please point me to the straight audio installation manual for this MB?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back