Contribute
Register

Sierra installer won't install and causes restart in Z97MX Gaming 5 /i4790k system

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte MSI Z97 GAMING 5
CPU
Intel core i7 4970k
Graphics
Sapphire 5870 HD
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello everybody,
I've tried several times to install Sierra on my El Capitan system,a Gigabyte Z97MX GAMING 5/4790k.I have successfully prepared the USB flash according to the instructions,but when I try to install Sierra on my Samsung 840 evo 120GB startup disk,the installation stops at the 3/4 of the progress bar and a restart is caused.I've never been able so far to reach the Sierra desktop.Any help will be appreciated.Thank you.

Last edited:
Did you resolve your installation problem?

I am having the same problem on my system.
Gigabyte z68x ud3h b3
I3 something or other CPU
16 GB ram
Cheap and typically problem free Asus nvidia geforce 210

I spent last night aggravated trying just to get a functional bootable USB. Got one to work today but halfway through the progress bar it just reboots without notice.

Update: So I pulled my video card and half my ram. The result was the same on both - it actually reboots earlier in the process than if I ran it in the original config.

Last edited:
Followup to my situation: I went against the suggestions and tried again with the Nvidia Injector and it worked. I am on El Capitan now (sierra stalled out with a white screen / beachball in the install upgrade). Maybe try turning on the injector option in Clover just to see if it works for you. Worst thing it can do is make the process take 5 minutes to find out that it didn't work.

Followup to my situation: I went against the suggestions and tried again with the Nvidia Injector and it worked. I am on El Capitan now (sierra stalled out with a white screen / beachball in the install upgrade). Maybe try turning on the injector option in Clover just to see if it works for you. Worst thing it can do is make the process take 5 minutes to find out that it didn't work.

You are actually supposed to use inject nvidia if you have old GPU like GT210.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back