Contribute
Register

Sierra broken - High Sierra HDD wont show after install ?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD4
CPU
i7 2600K
Graphics
Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 Gaming 8GB
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey,

so first: from one day to another, my Sierra SDD wasn't able to boot.. It automatically turned off at the end of booting bar and in verbose mode it shows these commands in the last second before shutting down immediately:

NryivZh.png

another try:

MZ9uEn8.png

i unplugged everything beside the keyboard and also tried booting without ANY USB-Devices attached - same problem.

So then i thought: okay, since my booting time increased a lot when i changed from chimera to clover somehow. i might as well try to install a fresh setup of High Sierra on another drive. But:

(Of course i set up the BIOS accordingly: Nothing but the graphics card (1080) in PCI, Optimized Defaults - AHCI, no VT-D, no USB 3.0..)

I can install High Sierra (BIOS/ Legacy Boot Loader) without a problem, but when it automatically restarts and i boot into the Bootloader of USB - i can't see my new installed System. I used a spare 1TB Hitachi HDD (formatted freshly GUID Partitio Table) - i tried 2 different USB Sticks for the Bootstick. Nothing... I will now try to use another hard drive, but i still dont get it.

Can anybody help me booting into my old Sierra or getting High Sierra to run / show the installed HDD ?!

Any idea ?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Any idea ?
Looks like files system corruption or a failing hard disk.
If you have any data on it that you value you should clone it now.
Boot from a USB installer or the recovery partition and run Disk Utility -> First Aid.

yeah... Thanks - i just plugged the Sierra SSD into a USB Dock and attached it to my macbook:

9usKHCB.png

@P1LGRIM So do you think i can just format and reuse this SSD or would you switch it with a new one ?!

-

Still dont know why my High Sierra Partition wont show...

So do you think i can just format and reuse this SSD or would you switch it with a new one ?
Your choice - I would try and reuse it.

Your choice - I would try and reuse it.
Okay, Thanks @P1LGRIM - yeah worth a try. I dont have any data of value on my system disk so i'll take the chance.
-
Any guess for why the High Sierra Disk wont show ? Will try to install on this SSD as soon as the backup of my Desktop is finished.

@P1LGRIM

Yes, it shows in BIOS, in Disk Utility, but as as soon as the Bootloader starts - its disappeared. Connected straight via SATA, tried different SATA Ports...
Maybe this.

Hm - i will try a solution for that - altough these people complain about not seeing their disks in DiskUtility which is not in my case.

But the afps.efi is included in Clover right now with a UniBeast Bootstick ?! Or where do i have to put it, to make sure ? I found a recent one in another forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back