Contribute
Register

[SEMISUCCESS] Yosemite - Asus h97-plus - i5 4690 - intel 4600

Status
Not open for further replies.
It may be partially to do with Apple not yet using the 9 series chipset on any new hardware as yet. Once the hardware is better supported then we may see some of the bugs get ironed out. Apple has created a few bugs with existing hardware. The Apple forums have iMac Macbook Pro and Air as well as Mac Mini owners complaining of Audio issues and No sleep on Yosemite. Perhaps some fixes will come before Christmas with better HD4600 9 series support.

At present it looks like they are concentrating on integration with iOS8 devices:
http://9to5mac.com/2014/11/03/apple...ite-update-to-developers-and-appleseed-users/

Your Black Magic speeds are fine and the read speeds suggest that booting should be a lot faster. I would expect to be seeing figures around 5 or 6 seconds using the fastest SSDs, certainly under ten. Not sure that others are actually seeing that though at this stage. I expect that things will improve when the Apple update is finally released to the public.

Got everything running smoothly w/ Clover... Except audio.

Only way to get audio running for me on 10.9.5 is w/ Voodoo... and that sounds all kinds of raspy.

I've tried toleda's script, but I get the not applehda native - no files were changed thing.

Could you explain how you got audio running right?

Hi! I'm new here but not in hackintosh world, this is my third hackintosh.

I've been able to install Yosemite via unibeast: It boots from usb even without the -v, using 2 RAM modules (2x8gb).
I installed Yosemite on the SSD (Crucial mx100 256gb) and I have Snow leopard and windows 7 in the standard hd (they come from the previous hackintosh).
I used Multibeast to install some kext.

I wrote SEMISUCCESS because i have some troubles:
- can't boot without USB memory with unibeast
- no audio (hda 887)
- fcpx hangs (similar to http://www.tonymacx86.com/401-install-bootloader-extra-efi-partition/comments4.html#comments)

I've tried with the guide posted here (http://www.tonymacx86.com/401-install-bootloader-extra-efi-partition.html#comments) but i still have the boot0 error.

Can someone please help me?
Thanks

Hey hunty

Im trying to intall but cant get pass the apple logo. my setup is very similar to yours. can you please tell me what flags (if any) you used when you intalled?

thks

Hey hunty

Im trying to intall but cant get pass the apple logo. my setup is very similar to yours. can you please tell me what flags (if any) you used when you intalled?

thks

Hey!
Honestly I don't remember having troubles to use any flags. I've used the flags to use the IGP because I don't have any external video card.

Hey hunty

thks

Better you open a new thread for your issue.

Also update your build's hardware details under Profile > Basic Information section in the below format (Profile link is available on the upper right side of this website).

System : Motherboard + Bootloader(Clover/Chameleon/Chimera)
CPU : Detailed CPU Model
Graphics : All Graphics Devices

For Example,
System : GA-EP43T-USB3 (Chameleon)
CPU: Intel Quad Core Q8400
Graphics : ZOTAC GeForce 240GT

If your booting stuck somewhere (Otherthan rolling reboot and Black Screen) then boot with flag -v and post a clear photo of the entire frozen screen, that will help us to identify the issue.

Have you managed to sort this problem? If using Clover then I suggest posting in the Alternate boot loader section:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/alternate-bootloaders/

Good that audio is working well. :thumbup:

What sort of time does it take to boot Yosemite from the boot menu before you get to the login or desktop? I do find Yosemite a little slower that Mavericks or Mountain Lion - it is much bigger in size.

Hey! How did you manage to make audio work? I have an Asus H97 Pro Gamer with SupremeFX Audio and can´t make it work yet :cry:. Any guesses?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back