i5-7500
Graphics
GTX 1070
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Last edited:
Yep. Working but Sound and Nvidia Drivers need attention though

*updated the desktop GigabyteZ170XS

I updated yesterday, but my Nvidia Driver isn't work anymore.
Someone could please help me with this issue?

Regards,

Fabio

Updated via Terminal, no issues encountered.

Ok, I did the update and those were my steps.

1. Installation in about 5-10 minutes. 3 restarts.
2. 1st trouble: Nvidia drivers. Tried to patch with AGDPFix but SIP was enabled. To disable SIP I opened Clover Configuration-> Mounted my drive and opened config.plist with Clover Config. In 'Rt Variable' changed the numbers to 0x67. Reboot.
3. AGDPFix was perfect now. Reboot.
4. Terminal-> Vulgo Repo with webdriver -l (last version doesn't work, so I selected 104 -is always fine until new Nvidia drivers will be available-). Reboot.

All perfect. No problems with sound after AGDPFix patch.

Hi all,
The security update went fine 3 reboots like ccartola mentions. But then the fun started both my Nvidia drivers would not patch correctly and the intel driver would not make my monitor work.
I figured out the intel driver was related to WhateverGreen, updated from 1.2.4 to 1.2.6 now that finally worked.
Nvidia issue was eventually fixed by forcing a reinstall of patched drivers. Using the Benjamin-Dobell script.
Running 387.10.10.10.40.113 driver patched for now till they update it.

bash <(curl -s https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Benjamin-Dobell/nvidia-update/master/nvidia-update.sh) -f

Wow the update was a pain, I normally wait a few days till Nvidia fix the update.
Oh well will go back to that method next time.

Hi all,
The security update went fine 3 reboots like ccartola mentions. But then the fun started both my Nvidia drivers would not patch correctly and the intel driver would not make my monitor work.
I figured out the intel driver was related to WhateverGreen, updated from 1.2.4 to 1.2.6 now that finally worked.
Nvidia issue was eventually fixed by forcing a reinstall of patched drivers. Using the Benjamin-Dobell script.
Running 387.10.10.10.40.113 driver patched for now till they update it.

bash <(curl -s https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Benjamin-Dobell/nvidia-update/master/nvidia-update.sh) -f

Wow the update was a pain, I normally wait a few days till Nvidia fix the update.
Oh well will go back to that method next time.

Why don't you give Vulgo repo an oportunity? I always use it and goes fine. Now I have Nvidia drivers 104 because they work always.

Why don't you give Vulgo repo an oportunity? I always use it and goes fine. Now I have Nvidia drivers 104 because they work always.

Might give Vulgo a try next time.
Thanks ccartola

Just wanted to chime in, just upgraded my machine and then afterwards used vulgo's tool
Code:
webdriver -m
to patch the installed nvidia driver to match the new OS version 17G5019, and so far it's working flawlessly and took very little time. :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back