Contribute
Register

Security Update 2015-003 Breaks NVIDIA Web Driver Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys, I'm pretty new to hackintoshing.

I have the GTX 960 and i have installed the newest driver but when I got to check 'About This Mac' it shows me that my Graphics Card is an 'NVIDIA Chip Model 7 MB'
NVIDIA Driver Manager says my Dive was not found.
Do I have to change any kexts after installing the driver?
I already tried the Disk Permission fix through terminal.
Help is appreciated. Thanks!

If you are running the latest OS X with the 2015-003 security update and the latest version of the Nvidia driver then you will need to modify the kext as stated in the first post of this thread.

I tried to do so, but my NVDAStartup.kext doesn't have the line, I'm supposed to change, in it.
Could you upload your kext so I can implement it into my system?

I tried to do so, but my NVDAStartup.kext doesn't have the line, I'm supposed to change, in it.
Could you upload your kext so I can implement it into my system?

What version of the driver are you running?

Thanks for the fix. Works great. I inadvertently updated all last night and security update botched my setup.

How do people find these new drivers? I'm thankful for link but curious how to find on my own. When I do search on Nvidia's site I cannot find...

Thanks for the fix. Works great. I inadvertently updated all last night and security update botched my setup.

How do people find these new drivers? I'm thankful for link but curious how to find on my own. When I do search on Nvidia's site I cannot find...

Do a search on Nvidia's site for drivers under the GTX 680. That card shows options for OS X. Once installed there is a preference pane that can be used to update the drivers. Netkas often post links to beta drivers though that cannot be found on the site. Not sure how those are found.

There is also a CUDA update available.

When I saw the new security update I tried to update my nvidia driver via preference pane but there were no new updates. After installing the security update I checked for nvidia updates again and it started downloading f04 driver.

Everything seems to be running fine here with MacPro3,1 definition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back