Contribute
Register

Security Update 2015-002

tonymacx86

Administrator
Staff member
Joined
Nov 18, 2009
Messages
8,522
Motherboard
GA-Z270X-UD5
CPU
Core i3-7100
Graphics
HD 630
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac mini
Classic Mac
Apple, PowerBook
Mobile Phone
iOS
su.jpg
Yesterday Apple released Security Update 2015-002 for OS X 10.10.2 Yosemite. Update any supported system using the built-in Software Update functionality through the Mac App Store, or by using the standalone installer available from Apple.com.

This update is unlike other Security Updates as it contains an updated kernel and OS X build number (14C1510). This requires the system to reboot after installation, and can cause issues for those using a patched kernel or alternate NVIDIA drivers. Please read through the following.

NVIDIA Alternate Drivers
If you run the NVIDIA Alternate Drivers for 10.10.2, changes the OS X build number to 14C1510. Therefore the NVIDIA drivers package doesn't recognize it as a valid OS version.

UPDATE: NVIDIA HAS RELEASED A NEW DRIVER PACKAGE 343.02.02f03:
http://us.download.nvidia.com/Mac/Quadro_Certified/343.02.02f03/WebDriver-343.02.02f03.pkg

NVIDIA should update the drivers package in the next day or two, but if you find yourself unable to install the drivers, you can temporarily modify the build number as shown here.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/159102-343-02-02f02-nvidia-alternate-drivers-security-update-2015-002-broken-2.html#post1000340 - Post 12

Or you can modify the NVDAStartup.kext as shown here:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/159102-343-02-02f02-nvidia-alternate-drivers-security-update-2015-002-broken-3.html#post1000507 - Post 24

Or install older beta versions of the drivers as shown here:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/159102-343-02-02f02-nvidia-alternate-drivers-security-update-2015-002-broken-3.html#post1000536 - Post 25


Kernel
If your system requires a patched kernel in order to provide enhanced support for X99 systems, it will need to be re-patched. You may need to boot into the UniBeast installer in order to use the Terminal to re-patch the kernel. Please follow the instructions here for full details:

www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-desktop-guides/143849-haswell-e-x99-motherboard-temporary-guide-os-x-10-10-a.html

Good luck!

Screen Shot 2015-03-10 at 4.57.07 PM.png
 

Stork

Admin
Staff member
Joined
Sep 21, 2010
Messages
12,963
Motherboard
ASUS ROG MAXIMUS X HERO Z370
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac mini, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Power Mac, PowerBook
Mobile Phone
iOS
Joined
Feb 9, 2015
Messages
82
Motherboard
MSI Z97 Gaming 7
CPU
i5-4460 3.2 GHz
Graphics
Asus Strix GTX 960 2GB
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Android
Probably the safest approach, if you've installed with the Security Update, would be to use the nVidia beta driver as netkas proposed here: http://forums.macrumors.com/showpost.php?p=20808683&postcount=10

However, if you haven't installed the Security Update, wait for the nVidia updated driver.
I really wish I would have waited, I did the update and I couldn't use NVidia, so I decided to wipe my drive reinstall clover and then set up time machine so incase it ever happened I could back up. I JUST finally got my system up and running with help from http://www.tonymacx86.com/alternate-bootloaders/112149-clover-config-plist-all-new-user-clover-plz-read-configuring-clover.html And had not set up a restore or back up. and some how I do not believe clover set up a recovery like it is supposed to, and if it did I couldn't access it. I wiped everything out and tried to reinstall but I get stuck so I will post in a new thread with my issue. Just in short. DONT do any upgrades until someone in the community says its okay. :banghead:
 
Joined
Jun 5, 2010
Messages
30
Motherboard
ASrock Z68 Extreme4 Gen3
CPU
Intel i5-2500
Graphics
Nvidia GTS 250
Mobile Phone
iOS
PSA: ALWAYS make a backup of your currently installed OSX using a tool like CCC (Carbon Copy Cloner) to an image or another drive BEFORE installing any system updates. This will ensure you have the ability to restore to exactly as you had it before, incase something goes wrong.
 
Joined
Mar 14, 2014
Messages
748
Motherboard
Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
2 x R9 280X
Mac
iMac, MacBook, MacBook Pro, Mac Pro
Just did the upgrade, I had a proper backup from CCC but not needed.

Clicked on the upgrade in the Software Update, quick reboot. I've checked the vital signs on the computer, it all looks fine. I'm AMD based so no nvidia issues, Chimera looks OK as well.

A really dull and boring upgrade (which are the absolute best).

Rob
 
Joined
Sep 11, 2012
Messages
44
Motherboard
Asus P8Z77-V Premium + Yosemite
CPU
i5-3570k
Graphics
HD4000
Mac
Mac Pro
The app store is not working after this update, i get "STATUS_CODE_ERROR" when trying to sign in :banghead:
 
Joined
Sep 23, 2014
Messages
2
Motherboard
GA-Z97X-SLI
CPU
i5-4690k
Graphics
Radeon HD 6850
Mac
MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
The app store is not working after this update, i get "STATUS_CODE_ERROR" when trying to sign in :banghead:
I haven't installed the update yet, but I'm getting that error as well. Looks like it's just a temporary issue with Apple's servers.
 
Joined
Jan 3, 2013
Messages
10
Motherboard
Asus H-81M-E
CPU
i5 4440
Graphics
Gigabyte GTX 1050 2gb OC
Mobile Phone
Android
I didn't intstall this update too but i have the same STATUS_CODE_ERROR when trying to sign in
 
Top