Graphics
Intel 4600 & nvidia GTX660
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
This came out today...anyone have any issues with it?

I did it and ... nothing broken after a reboot. Audio, network, bluetooth, iMessages are all up. It was just a security update, probably fixing bash/ssl security issues so nothing to do with kext or other critical system files.

Running 10.9.5 on Z87-MX-D3H with GTX 760.

should be safe to install this update for those people who installed OS X using Clover method?

hi
how do I know if this is safe for me to update? I bought my hackintosh from somebody else and have no knowledge on build etc. I don't know if it was built with clover so not sure how to update. Some help would be greatly appreciated.
thanks

hi
how do I know if this is safe for me to update? I bought my hackintosh from somebody else and have no knowledge on build etc. I don't know if it was built with clover so not sure how to update. Some help would be greatly appreciated.
thanks

If you don't know what you have when it is sitting in front of you, how can you expect anyone else to know and provide advice ?

Most security updates are usually trouble free.

Good luck

If you don't know what you have when it is sitting in front of you, how can you expect anyone else to know and provide advice ?

Most security updates are usually trouble free.

Good luck

really feeling the love there brother! Your in it on your own mentality is truly bringing the world together!
on a realistic note; I bought it because I wanted the stability of MAC but without having to slave to Babylon for an age to buy it! I'll gladly offer myself up for a social stoning if it appeases the masses on here or I can only hope that there are still people in the world and on this sites who genuinely wish to help others!
Best of luck in your ignorant world and I hope you don't mind if I don't join you with that mindset.
love and light abound now is there anybody who doesn't object to me asking for a little help or should I book the local square out for the weekend and post the invites for my stoning?

Perhaps some advice on how find my build or is it a simple case of installing from apple's server?
Anyone please?

Worked fine on a machine I that I had running 10.8.5 up until yesterday.

I figured if I was gonna go on an update frenzy, I might as well go all out...:|

Perhaps some advice on how find my build or is it a simple case of installing from apple's server?
Anyone please?

Hi PsYAuM, Pilgrim (the Moderator you were responding to) has a point. You have to know what hardware and boot loader you have in order for the rest of us to help you and then you will get the help you seek.

Once you know this then you need to update your build profile correctly with the exact motherboard model number, CPU model no., discrete graphics card model no. or onboard graphics model no. It is also very important that you know whether you have Clover or Chimera/Chameleon as they work completely differently and have different dependencies.

As you purchased your Hackintosh from a friend then they should have supplied you with a USB flash drive containing the bootloader which is the only way you will be able to boot back into OSX as a novice should you ever experience non booting issues in the future.

If i were you, i would contact your seller and get him/her to answer these questions in writing for your reference. If this is not possible then open up your PC case and write down the make/model of your motherboard, CPU and graphics card(if fitted?).

You can then look up your motherboard model on the manifacturer website and go to the Specifications page. That will show you you audio codec and network info (e.g, audio: Realtek ALCxxxx, network: Atheros xxxx , you catch my drift.)

Your CPU will be covered by the Heat Sink so that will be tricky (maybe booting your system from a live CD or USB like Ubuntu could show you your exact CPU model because OSX guesses incorrectly.

Please bare in mind that people on this site have gathered this information initially for their builds and will have installed OSX from scratch. They will have done their fare share of research based on the guides Tonymac has published (how to install OSX), buyers guides (for compatibility) and all the Successful User Builds (user experience) posted on this site. This is the kind of insight that you need in order to understand what you are doing. It's DIY computing (there's no Apple Care for us !)

Read the following to get you up to speed;

Start here

The Basics

Golden Builds

Best of Luck ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back