Graphics
Nvidia GeForce GTX 650TI
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I just finished my first hackintosh. All in all everything went pretty smoothly. The system is running great! The only thing that I can't figure out is my secondary hard drive keeps giving me an error. When the system first boots it seems to operate fine. After a little bit of use it wont let me write to the disk at all. It says " The Operation can't be completed. An unexpected error occured (error code -50). I have done lots of searching and can't seem to find one person with a solution. Another thing about it is I can not unmount it in disk utility. But if I eject it first in finder, it pops up with an error saying I need to force eject it and its currently in use. But theres nothing on the drive yet! It will let me force eject and then I can reformat and repartition in disk utility. It will once again work for a few minutes then start giving the errors again.

Smart report says everything checks out 100%. Anyone else with ideas? This is driving me crazy!

Thanks for the responses. I changed my sata cable to a sata III cable and moved it to a different sata port. Everything seems to be working fine now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back