Contribute
Register

Sebinouse's Build : CustoMacMini 2014 - Intel NUC Haswell i5-4250U - El Capitan

Status
Not open for further replies.
try to Set the "IGD Minimum Memory" to 128 Mo or should create an Installer on this USB Drive one again

Thank you pure.wisdom but it didn't work. Haver already done that multiple times, even with different USBs. As I said, even a USB with Windows 10 instalation is recognized as UEFI: USB: Mac OSX and NUC refuses to boot to it. It happened ater first first install stage.

Thank you.

Thank you pure.wisdom but it didn't work. Haver already done that multiple times, even with different USBs. As I said, even a USB with Windows 10 instalation is recognized as UEFI: USB: Mac OSX and NUC refuses to boot to it. It happened ater first first install stage.

Thank you.
Give me your clover. reset default bios, waiting for me.
you make sure your usb don't have problem, right? ;)

Thank you.

Try this (if you manage to boot) :

You will need to type these two commands in Terminal to clear the NVRAM. Then restart your computer (Mac), keep in mind you will also need to redo some of your your settings in System Preferences after the restart, like your computer name, re-enable Find My Mac, and a good idea to look at the Guest account options to make sure they have not changed.
Code:
sudo rm /nvram.plist

Code:
sudo nvram -c

If you want to see the contents of your NVRAM you can use this command on a real Mac or a Hackintosh with Clover.

Code:
nvram -p

Good Luck hope this helps!

-Mrengles

PS. This would probably be a good thing to add to the Q & A post. :wink_anim:

EDIT: you can also try to deselect UEFI from boot option, then deselect USB devices ...

At the very first i want to thank you Sebinouse for this great guide and for your effort!
My problem at the moment is that my wifi is not working. I have the exact same hardware (also the Azurewave AW-CE123).

I read almost every post in this thread and tried some approaches mentioned by other users but non of them helped.

As i am from Germany i used 44 45 for DE (66c70644 45eb2b) when it comes to 5GHz patch. It's a little bit strange because BT is recognized but cant find any device...
It seems like my wifi is not recognized correctly.

I tried to follow your guide very carefully but it seems that i'm doing something wrong...

My Clover folder is attached.

Installation seems to be fine, does wifi works as expected ? (can you share a capture of System Info / Wifi ?)

Bluetooth sometimes requires firmware injection even if it seems to be the same card the firmware can be different (can you share a capture of System Info / bt ?)

If firmware does not work with EFI/../10.11/ injection, you can try with /S/L/E/ injection : I quote Rehabman

Also, install one firmware kext BrcmFirmwareData.kext or BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext, depending on installation location, never both.
BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext: Install to /System/Library/Extensions. This kext is much more memory efficient than BrcmFirmwareData.kext and is the preferred configuration.

BrcmFirmwareData.kext: Most appropriate for EFI/Clover/kexts. BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext, while much more memory efficient, cannot be injected as can BrcmFirmwareData.kext

Give me your clover. reset default bios, waiting for me.
you make sure your usb don't have problem, right? ;)

I am using the files from post #1. No the problem is not from the USB :( i think it is a NVRam issue.

Try this (if you manage to boot) :

EDIT: you can also try to deselect UEFI from boot option, then deselect USB devices ...

Thank you Sebinouse, i will try that later when i arrive home.

EDIT: One more time thank you Sebinouse. Second solution worked, now I can boot from USB. Maybe you should add the solution to first post: Boot to BIOS, disable UEFI and USB boot, save and reboot to BIOS, enable UEFI and USB, save and restart to boot menu.

EDIT 2: Everything is installed and running fine. After completing the installation, USB boot came back to normality, no more UEFI: USB: Mac OSX. Thank you!.

Thanks to everyone! :)

thanks, i will have a look for other vendors.

You should consider a Broadwell NUC ... they are supported here and the i3 with 2x M2 connectors + PCIe x4 connector is available in Europe at less than 300 € here

You should consider a Broadwell NUC ... they are supported here and the i3 with 2x M2 connectors + PCIe x4 connector is available in Europe at less than 300 € here

#Sebinouse Can you sleep about 10 minutes after wake and type syslog | grep -i "wake reason" in terminal ? You give me your report. thanks ;)

#Sebinouse Can you sleep about 10 minutes after wake and type syslog | grep -i "wake reason" in terminal ? You give me your report. thanks ;)

Here it is (wake reason : spacebar pressed on USB keyboard on front left USB3.0 port)
Code:
 syslog | grep -i "wake reason"
 kernel[0] <Notice>: Wake reason: PXSX EHC2 XHC PXSX (Network)
 kernel[0] <Notice>: ARPT: 263.694013: ARPT: Wake Reason: Wake on Scan offload; Disconnect reason: Class 3 frame received from nonassociated STA
 kernel[0] <Notice>: Wake reason: PXSX EHC2 XHC
 kernel[0] <Notice>: Wake reason: EHC2 XHC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back