Contribute
Register

Sebinouse's Build : CustoMacMini 2014 - Intel NUC Haswell i5-4250U - El Capitan

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Mosu do you confirm that the previous kext was working properly for audio out and not properly for audio in (one plug only) ? No quality drop after a few seconds ? Thanks

To answer your question today I made another test with first AppleHDA_ALC283.kext and also with actual AppleHDA_ALC283.kext

On first AppleHDA_ALC283.kext with TRRS connection sound goes very quickly in bad quality zone if I touch anything from sound in System Preferences. but if I go to Input tab and make a click on Line In sound go back for a moment to being good for a shot period of time. Internal Microphone transforms in Line In only first time when I plug a jack, second time nothing happens. Microphone records OK.
On a TRS connection no matter what I touch in Sound from System Preferences sound stay OK on quality.
On the microphone part nothing happen, normal there isn't any microphone connection.

On last AppleHDA_ALC283.kext with TRRS connection sound goes very quickly in bad quality zone if I touch anything from sound in System Preferences. and never goes OK when I go to Input tab and make a click on Internal microphone. Microphone records OK.
On TRS connection , like I said yesterday with the last kext sound loose in quality if I go to Sound from System preferences.

So in the end it seems to be Line In (Internal microphone) culprit for this mess-up, and first kext have the advantage that if you use only a TRS connection sound stay OK.

trrs-diagram1.jpg

To answer your question today I made another test with first AppleHDA_ALC283.kext and also with actual AppleHDA_ALC283.kext

On first AppleHDA_ALC283.kext with TRRS connection sound goes very quickly in bad quality zone if I touch anything from sound in System Preferences. but if I go to Input tab and make a click on Line In sound go back for a moment to being good for a shot period of time. Internal Microphone transforms in Line In only first time when I plug a jack, second time nothing happens. Microphone records OK.
On a TRS connection no matter what I touch in Sound from System Preferences sound stay OK on quality.
On the microphone part nothing happen, normal there isn't any microphone connection.

On last AppleHDA_ALC283.kext with TRRS connection sound goes very quickly in bad quality zone if I touch anything from sound in System Preferences. and never goes OK when I go to Input tab and make a click on Internal microphone. Microphone records OK.
On TRS connection , like I said yesterday with the last kext sound loose in quality if I go to Sound from System preferences.

So in the end it seems to be Line In (Internal microphone) culprit for this mess-up, and first kext have the advantage that if you use only a TRS connection sound stay OK.

View attachment 177432
Very precise investigation ! that's valuable ! Thanks a lot !

i'll do yet another part of the Troubleshooting section ... Good work ;)

Forgive me if it has been covered somewhere in this thread.... Does iTunes HD video content function on this NUC? My current haswell build has the iTunes black screen issue.

Forgive me if it has been covered somewhere in this thread.... Does iTunes HD video content function on this NUC? My current haswell build has the iTunes black screen issue.

For video downloaded in iTunes :
Normal Content (movie, 1 GB) -> Black Screen (authd server_auth_failed in Console)
HD Content (movie, 5 GB) -> KP (authd server_auth_failed in Console)

For video downloaded in iTunes :
Normal Content (movie, 1 GB) -> Black Screen (authd server_auth_failed in Console)
HD Content (movie, 5 GB) -> KP (authd server_auth_failed in Console)

Disappointing to hear... So currently the only way to fix this issue is to have a dedicated graphics card instead of relying on Intel IGP?

Hi all, for install mac os, on my haswell i3 I need the azurewave network card? at the moment I have an Intel dual band ac 7260 network card it can work with os x?

I read topic of Rehabman again. I see Usbinjectall include solve all problem (require rename EHCx->EH0x), so no need FakePCIID_XHCIMux and ssdt_hack :cool:.

P/s: Sebinouse's packed must use ssdt_hack because my DSDT is include "ssdt_hack" and Usbinjectall helps to rename _osi -> xosi

If you download Sebinouse latest zip http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...tel-nuc-haswell-i5-4250u-el-capitan.html#pack file and open config.plist from that zip you will see where to use that info and how it is used.

Sebinouse recommend to use a plist editor, I use Clover configurator to edit that file.

Mosu, Sebinouse, again many thanks. I used the latest config.plist and removed the bits for the soundcard Sebinouse used. Now have sound through the speakers plugged into the headphone jack. Works fine except every once in a while it makes a sound crackle/pop sound. Bit annoying but at least everything now works.

If I plug a HDMI into the mini HDMI port then I get no sound through the HDMI. However if I use a display port to HDMI converter then the volume control is grayed out however I get sound through my monitor speakers if I play a Youtube video. No sound on Youtube if I use the HDMI port directly.

Kinda weird too is depending on whether I use the display port of the HDMI the clover boot screen is different....

Now I have a pretty stable system I'm going to go for a completely fresh install following the original post. I've probably screwed around enough that I've not got a good clean build.

Really pleased things are working though. Once I get a nice clean working install then I have a G4 Cube I'm going to cannibalize and install the NUC in it.

once in a while it makes a sound crackle/pop sound
from what i understand this is happen because CodecCommander.kext that is responsible with wakening our sound , more here
https://github.com/Dolnor/EAPD-Codec-Commander

If I plug a HDMI into the mini HDMI port then I get no sound through the HDMI. However if I use a display port to HDMI converter then the volume control is grayed out however I get sound through my monitor speakers if I play a Youtube video. No sound on Youtube if I use the HDMI port directly.

I use mini HDMI to HDMI and sound is OK (you do not have access to control volume, sound being pass trough.

Check in sound -> output if HDMI is selected

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back