Mac
  1. iMac
Classic Mac
  1. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hi there,

Installed a hackintosh build of mavericks a year back or so and have not booted into the os in a while. decided to update and start using os x again and made an el capitan bootable usb drive. Now since then I have a new computer and have a pretty high end gaming rig. my specs are as follows:

MSI x99 SLI Plus Motherboard
Intel 5930k 3.5ghz i7 CPU
16GB DDR4 Ram
2 x GTX 980s in SLI

I plan to install OS X on an external USB 3.0 Drive.

anyway so I came across a range of issues which i have been searching online for fixes with some success and have got closer and closer to actually being able to boot into the installation from clover. first I had to replace a few EFI files to get past allocating read errors because of my video card. I have been told to take out the video card but as far as I'm aware there is no way to get my display working because there are no display ports on my motherboard. just the graphics card itself. I took 1 card out to just try and boot off of the single card but still no success. Anyway after playing about with it for a while. this is the string of commands i boot the El Capitan Install with:

-v cpus=1 nv_disable=1 npci=0x2000 slide=0

This then brings me to my current error. the install screen just locks on "DSMOS has arrived" along with some error about a bluetooth controller missing or something. I will provide a screenshot too. Hopefully somebody can help me out with this? Haven't been on the hackintosh scene for over a year so I'm pretty much a noob to the whole el capitan and clover thing. Thanks people :)

Attachments

• 20160115_171546.jpg
    20160115_171546.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 249
Not a Desktop Guide - Moved to Desktop Support.

Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you

Oh yeah sorry man, my mistake. Apologies for that. first time on the site in well over a year lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back