GTX 970
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. iBook
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Welcome and thank you for visiting this forum for helping me with this issue.

Recently my mothers laptop had a corrupt Windows OS, We no longer have Window OS's on hand and she uses a different laptop. This isn't the first time I've done a Hackintosh, however they weren't Laptops. Long-story short, I had installed OSX 10.7 (10.9 Wouldn't boot and I figured 10.7 would've worked fine). Installing the OS on the laptop is somewhat tricky you need to use the could on boot with the usb:

arch=i386 -x -f -v npci=0x3000 USBBusFix=Yes

It does boot within the OS without the USB Drive however it will force itself in 800x600 (stretched). If booted with the USB then it will correct itself and boot in the 1280x800 native resolution. The wifi or internet do not work, even after the kexts, which can be a problem. The OS does not see the correct specifications, the specifications of the machine according to Toshiba are:

Intel Core 2 Duo T5300 @ 1.73GHz
Mobile Intel 945GM Express Chipset
2 GB DDR2 800 MHz
500 GB WD HDD (Not Stock, was changed)
Intel Graphics 950 256MB

Now what the OS uses/sees:

Intel Core 2 Duo @ 800 MHz (This happens after MultiBeast restart)
Mobile Intel 945 GM
2 GB DDr2 667 MHz
500 GB HDD
Intel Graphics 950 64 MB

Now the main issues I have with the system is:
Lack of resolution from the graphics (Cant use simple programs due to this)
Internet just completely does not work (WiFi,Ethernet, or USB-Plug In Wireless)
Little Things I don't care about:
SD Card Reader
VGA Out (Would be nice to have but I'm aware they are pain to get working)

Again booting with the USB fixes the issue of resolution. No texts from MultiBeast have fixed the Intel Ethernet. Thanks for viewing this post, this isn't my main PC so its no worry, just a thing to kill time.

Specs.jpgLaptop.jpg

arch=i386 -x -f -v npci=0x3000 USBBusFix=Yes

It does boot within the OS without the USB Drive however it will force itself in 800x600 (stretched). If booted with the USB then it will correct itself and boot in the 1280x800 native resolution. The wifi or internet do not work, even after the kexts, which can be a problem. The OS does not see the correct specifications, the specifications of the machine according to Toshiba are:

Intel Core 2 Duo T5300 @ 1.73GHz
Mobile Intel 945GM Express Chipset
2 GB DDR2 800 MHz
500 GB WD HDD (Not Stock, was changed)
Intel Graphics 950 256MB

Now what the OS uses/sees:

Intel Core 2 Duo @ 800 MHz (This happens after MultiBeast restart)
Mobile Intel 945 GM
2 GB DDr2 667 MHz
500 GB HDD
Intel Graphics 950 64 MB

Now the main issues I have with the system is:
Lack of resolution from the graphics (Cant use simple programs due to this)
Internet just completely does not work (WiFi,Ethernet, or USB-Plug In Wireless)

Are you booting Lion with arch=i386? I'm pretty sure GMA950 is only supported in 32-bit, if at all on Lion.

WiFi: Depends on having compatible hardware. Use DPCIManager->PCI List to find out what you have. Compatible chipsets and the procedures for making them work are covered here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/network/104850-guide-airport-pcie-half-mini-v2.html

Ethernet: What Ethernet chipset do you have? Use DPCIManager->PCIList to find out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back