Contribute
Register

Sata III 6G

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, my first post. So I will be polite and say "Hello" to everybody on this forum. I just build my hackintoch 2 weeks ago and it's working like a charm... :thumbup:

I just install the AppleAHCIPort.kext file in Extra/Extentions but I don't see any changes in the System Profiler.
Do I need to do something else to enable it? or add some lines to the com.apple.Boot.list?

Thanks for the help...

harycoz said:
OK, my first post. So I will be polite and say "Hello" to everybody on this forum. I just build my hackintoch 2 weeks ago and it's working like a charm... :thumbup:

I just install the AppleAHCIPort.kext file in Extra/Extentions but I don't see any changes in the System Profiler.
Do I need to do something else to enable it? or add some lines to the com.apple.Boot.list?

Thanks for the help...

Did you run Kext Utility or System Utilities (in MB) before rebooting?

harycoz said:

Thanks for the help...
Welcome :thumbup:

Are you actually using a SandyBridge motherboard? Your description seems to suggest you have a 55 and not a 67. Or are you trying it on another motherboard?

dejongj said:
harycoz said:

Thanks for the help...

Are you actually using a SandyBridge motherboard? Your description seems to suggest you have a 55 and not a 67. Or are you trying it on another motherboard?

Yes I use a 55... is this only for Sandybridge? (it look like I still have a lot of things to learn :thumbdown:

I don't know whether it is ONLY for 67, but it is posted in the SandyBridge section and it originates from a SandyBridge MacBook :)

I'm pretty certain that one of the many stable guides for a 55 explains how you can rectify that for you :thumbup: :D

My slow SATAIII speeds is because I've not installed the JMicronSATA drivers (MacMan). Totally forgot they enable 6G. Can't install and test as I'm downloading. Patience...
So the JMicron SATA Drivers in Multibeast enable SATA III on OS X? Just need to install them and SATA III on OS X is set or?

One issue MacBook Pro 2011 Users are facing with SATA III is their Cable. Apparently the Cable itself isn't SATA III or something. Maybe the Cable some people are using isn't a SATA III Cable?

Also, not sure if that's only for RAID 0, but TRIM doesn't work if you RAID SSDs together.

harycoz said:
dejongj said:
harycoz said:

Thanks for the help...

Yes I use a 55... is this only for Sandybridge? (it look like I still have a lot of things to learn :thumbdown:

OK... it was my mistake... The GA-P55A-UD3 has 2 SATA3 port and 6 SATA3 port, and my HDD was plug in a SATA2 port :p . I was always thinking that this 2 ports was for RAID purpose.
So anyway everything is working fine now.

Just one more thing:
I test my system with and without the AppleAHCIPort.kext and in the System Profiler panel there is a difference. (With AppleAHCIPPort.kext the SP is showing the Link Speed 6G and the Negotiated Link Speed 6G)
I post 2 srceenshots under
I supposed that this is just "cosmetic" as with or without it is still working a 6G. ;)

Attachments

• with_appleAHCIport_kext.png
    with_appleAHCIport_kext.png
    151.5 KB · Views: 120
  • without_appleAHCIPort_kext.png
    without_appleAHCIPort_kext.png
    141.6 KB · Views: 101
harycoz said:
harycoz said:
dejongj said:

OK... it was my mistake... The GA-P55A-UD3 has 2 SATA3 port and 6 SATA3 port, and my HDD was plug in a SATA2 port :p . I was always thinking that this 2 ports was for RAID purpose.
So anyway everything is working fine now.

Just one more thing:
I test my system with and without the AppleAHCIPort.kext and in the System Profiler panel there is a difference. (With AppleAHCIPPort.kext the SP is showing the Link Speed 6G and the Negotiated Link Speed 6G)
I post 2 srceenshots under
I supposed that this is just "cosmetic" as with or without it is still working a 6G. ;)

This is ONLY for SB systems. 1156 systems have 5 series ACHI controllers... not 6 series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back