Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Sapphire Vega 56 Pulse - fails to boot with power connected to dGPU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cool, thanks. Looks like my Vega is doing what it does for most other people. No fans for 2 - 3 minutes, and then ramping up to full fans.

Are you sure that VGTab doesn't work for your card? Try it again.

Are you sure that VGTab doesn't work for your card? Try it again.

Pretty sure.
  • Tried configuring a bunch of different settings in VGTab and putting the kext in Clover/kexts/Other.
  • Tried removing the kext and configuring the Clover/Devices according to the screenshot Casey posted.
  • Tried using RadeonVegaLowFanSpeed.kext.
  • Looking for a copy of AMD10000 kext now but not holding out much hope that it'll work.
Checking fan speed in terminal it looks like the fans are locked to 49% duty, ~2400rpm.

Pretty sure.
  • Tried configuring a bunch of different settings in VGTab and putting the kext in Clover/kexts/Other.
  • Tried removing the kext and configuring the Clover/Devices according to the screenshot Casey posted.
  • Tried using RadeonVegaLowFanSpeed.kext.
  • Looking for a copy of AMD10000 kext now but not holding out much hope that it'll work.
Checking fan speed in terminal it looks like the fans are locked to 49% duty, ~2400rpm.

Bummer. My Vega was running around 50% prior to using VGTab too.

Glad you got it working, I completely forgot about the monitor settings. :facepalm Sometimes monitors using HDMI/DP save the metadata settings of OS and it gets stuck. Resetting to factory defaults can fix that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back