Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Sapphire Vega 56 Pulse - fails to boot with power connected to dGPU

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would not do this. Either try with the dGPU installed or pulled. Just disconnecting power cables is not an effective way of disabling it. The PCI-e slot provides 75W.

Good to know - I thought it was enough to pull out the power cables. This is how I succeeded to install Mojave a couple of days ago. Ideally I want to install using the dGPU, because that would give me certainty that the system will work. I will spend some time this evening with different Aptio fixes. Thank you all very much for your help!

Good to know - I thought it was enough to pull out the power cables. This is how I succeeded to install Mojave a couple of days ago. Ideally I want to install using the dGPU, because that would give me certainty that the system will work. I will spend some time this evening with different Aptio fixes. Thank you all very much for your help!
This doesn't make any sense what so ever, if you was able to boot from my previous EFI folders, which was using AptioMemoryFix then you should still be able to at least get past the Memory allocation part. Try disabling Above 4G Decoding in BIOS and try with this EFI.

Attachments

• EFI-iMac18,3-mcljot.zip
    6.6 MB · Views: 47
  • BIOS -> Configured as in Casey's build
  • Using Casey's EFI folder from post #1841
  • Monitor connected to dGPU
OsxAptioDrv:
Couldn't allocate memory

OsxAptioDrv2 with slide=0:

OsxAptioDrv2 without slide=0:

OsxAptioDrv3 with slide:

OsxAptioDrv3 without slide=0:

• BIOS -> Configured as in Casey's build
  • Using Casey's EFI folder from post #1841
  • Monitor connected to dGPU
OsxAptioDrv:
Couldn't allocate memory

OsxAptioDrv2 with slide=0:

View attachment 388433

OsxAptioDrv2 without slide=0:

View attachment 388449

OsxAptioDrv3 with slide:

View attachment 388434

OsxAptioDrv3 without slide=0:

View attachment 388447

You are finally making progress!!

OsxAptioDrv2.efi with slide=0 and OsxAptioDrv3.efi with slide=0 is giving you the gIOScreenLockState 3. That's a graphics error. Fix graphics and you should be fine.

This doesn't make any sense what so ever, if you was able to boot from my previous EFI folders, which was using AptioMemoryFix then you should still be able to at least get past the Memory allocation part. Try disabling Above 4G Decoding in BIOS and try with this EFI.

Disabled 'Above 4G Decoding' and used your EFI:

You are finally making progress!!

OsxAptioDrv2.efi with slide=0 and OsxAptioDrv3.efi with slide=0 is giving you the gIOScreenLockState 3. That's a graphics error. Fix graphics and you should be fine.

Thank you pastrychef! You make it sound so easy :) Any pointers for what to try to fix graphics? Something like this in the Clover/Devices section?

Thank you pastrychef! You make it sound so easy :) Any pointers for what to try to fix graphics? Something like this in the Clover/Devices section?

Yes. Since you have a 9th gen CPU, you need to spoof 8th gen IGPU if you have IGPU enabled in BIOS. Those settings are correct.

Thanks - and thanks Casey for putting the callouts on a screenshot for me. My goal is to have iGPU enabled for compute operations and use two DP ports on the Vega, but I don't care if the onboard video ports are active or not.

Thanks - and thanks Casey for putting the callouts on a screenshot for me. My goal is to have iGPU enabled for compute operations and use two DP ports on the Vega, but I don't care if the onboard video ports are active or not.
Let try with this EFI

Attachments

• EFI-iMac18,3-mcljot.zip
    6.6 MB · Views: 68
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back