Contribute
Register

Sapphire Radeon RX Vega 64 on macOS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait what are you guys were discussing. Is the vega 64 not yet plug and play? I searched around and found mix posts. Some says it's not working fine, others said it's working perfectly. I read some issues about FCP and currently my gtx 970 works fine with it. I'm planning to get vega 64 this week so I'm asking. Thanks.

EDIT: So I have to update to public beta. I have access on it.

Wait what are you guys were discussing. Is the vega 64 not yet plug and play? I searched around and found mix posts. Some says it's not working fine, others said it's working perfectly. I read some issues about FCP and currently my gtx 970 works fine with it. I'm planning to get vega 64 this week so I'm asking. Thanks.

EDIT: So I have to update to public beta. I have access on it.
Did you see my Post above (#65)? See also my post here for the latest info on how well AMD graphics cards are supported in High Sierra.
Spring 2018. :crazy:

You don’t need any SSDT if your setup is not screwed up! On my setup sleep and wake works perforectly without anything and I use 2x Vega 64!
Hello! Great! two Vega64 in full force work in the FCPX? Have you tried to do a BruceX test with background rendering turned off? How many seconds?

iMac Pro has a special version of 10.13.2. You won't it's drivers, etc., in macOS until the 10.13.3 update.

This is 100% false

Just looked at a iMac Pro that my neighbor has to confirm this. There is 2 build versions for 10.13.2 17C88 or 17C89 because of the Security Update, depending on when you installed the Security Update depends on which build number you would have.

17C88: 10.13.2 without Security Update
17C89: 10.13.2 with Security Update

iMac Pro is using HS 10.13.2, build designation 17C2120. Consequently, it does have an unique version of HS 10.13.2. (Reference is from MacMan's inspection of that build designation.)

Reference:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...-10-13-2-build-number-17c2120-out-yet.241381/
https://browser.geekbench.com/v4/cpu/6068102

Could you possibly share your config.plist?

Did you manage all 3 DisplayPort and HDMI ports to work?
In some reason, mine is below than 10sec. :)) using apple 422, but for H.264 little bit longer like 12sec. Just one vega 64 liquid card.

I noticed that several people mentioned that their Vega Frontier worked for them right out of the box. For me this is not the case. I'm running a ud4-x99 mobo, i7 5820k, and a gtx 970. It's a build that I followed straight of this forum. Does it not work for me because I am trying to use both the nvidia and the and card. Do I need to change something in my config.plist file? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

hi ,

i just bought an rx Vega, its an asus strix vega 64 (see here),

my problem is that what ever the setting i use i am unable to access to the login window, the system reboot with a panic just before that,

i allready tried, to inject the Framebuffer with SSDT, wathevergreen, a clean install, and many clover's settings but nothings works,

NOTE: i was only able to boot the 10.13.2 installer, and from the installer i launched the ioreg command in the terminal,
i found out that the used framebuffer was "ATY,AMD,FrameBuffer" but of course no GPU acceleration

someone can help me ???

I filed a bugreport for this issue a long time ago and am in a conversation with them. According to Apple Engineers, the fix should come with 10.13.4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back