Sapphire Radeon RX Vega 64 on macOS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Running 10.3.2 no problems. Using Whatevergreen 1.1.3 and Lilu 1.2.2

Attachments

• Vega64.png
    Vega64.png
    225.6 KB · Views: 230
Not in my Universe. Go check out the build number at your local Apple store.
Just looked at a iMac Pro that my neighbor has to confirm this. There is 2 build versions for 10.13.2 17C88 or 17C89 because of the Security Update, depending on when you installed the Security Update depends on which build number you would have.

17C88: 10.13.2 without Security Update
17C89: 10.13.2 with Security Update

So, Public beta 2 for 10.13.3 released, anyone tested?

So, in this case I just put SSDT only. And did not edit anything. Just SSDT file in the patched folder. And my wake-up from sleep is fine with multiple monitor, one of them is 5k UltraFine.

And my liquid cooled system fan is not always 100%, Maybe I am so dull from the sound. But it is the same when I use Youtube. Even iTunes, Only I heard some buzz sound when I play Diablo3.

So actually I do not know there is fan high RPM issue in 10.13.2

But still there is some issue in FCPX with stabilization function which is not bothering as well, not even know it has it.
Can you please share your config.plist ?

@buyjoey - thanks for verifying. I will keep my vega56, and cross fingers for 10.13.3 will handle the fan speed & hopefully fix H.264 FCP X error.

@Stork Is it worthwhile trying to run public beta's on a hackintosh? Seeing 10.13.3 could be released tomorrow or in 2 months (doubtful, but non can say). Does it need much setup?

@Stork Is it worthwhile trying to run public beta's on a hackintosh? Seeing 10.13.3 could be released tomorrow or in 2 months (doubtful, but non can say). Does it need much setup?
Not in my opinion. Unless you're a developer, you probably don't need to install the Public Betas. Some people are masochistic and run betas, but I don't recommend the betas unless there is a compelling reason or need.

Not in my opinion. Unless you're a developer, you probably don't need to install the Public Betas. Some people are masochistic and run betas, but I don't recommend the betas unless there is a compelling reason or need.

Thanks for the insight.

I wanted to get asap out of the constant fanspeed, that is troubling the RX Vega cards in 10.13.2. It’s driving me nuts :)

I actually went as far as reinstalling 10.13.0 on top of 10.13.2, with success, but I need 10.13.1 to get full functionality, and that combo update is just... gone :-/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back