Contribute
Register

SAPPHIRE Pulse Radeon RX 6600 XT 8GB $350 After Promo Code at Newegg

This excellent card is now only $350 after a $30 off promo code from Newegg. Best price we've seen yet.

Screen Shot 20.jpg

Screen Shot 21.jpg

Last edited:
Hi, could you tell me why this card
is only around $250 while this one is above $750 ?
What difference ?

A greedy seller! (Not Amazon).

Well the XFX may be an "overclocked" version as it needs three fans, instead of two. As a general rule, I stay clear of XFX on macOS due to past problems.

The MSI is on offer here too (UK) for around £250 Black Friday. A good price I think.

:)

Hi, could you tell me why this card
is only around $250 while this one is above $750 ?
What difference ?
One is an XT the other is not.. not sure XT justify the price increase.. when I first got into hacintosh I got a XFX rx560 and it would not work due to bios issues.. Later I got a XFX vega 64 it worked with no issues and is still in use today. Only a few XFX cards do not work and they are older ones.

Would you recommend the card for Photoshop, Illustrator and occasionally Final Cut Pro? And on a 4K monitor? Or rather used RX 5700? I mean the RX 6600 XT is severely cropped. PCI only 8x, 128 bit... How is your experience in practice?

@Mark Quark

For PS a faster CPU with more cores is much more important than a better gfx card.

In a hackintosh the 6600 XT will be enough for FCP and 4K unless your are a serious Pro, editing to make $ that needs to save time to meet deadlines. Editing video all day long. If that's the case, I've seen the 6800 XT selling for around $500 recently. A great price for the performance. 16GB of Vram too.

Last edited:
@trs96
In Europe, this card is a bit more expensive, 641 Euro.
It's also important to me that the card is quiet and doesn't consume a lot of energy, so I'm considering the RX 6600 XT. However, I don't want a card that feels any worse than the RX 590 with hackintosh. Not smooth in Illustrator, or lame. Therefore RX 5700 and not 5700 XT, or RX 6600 XT. The other thing is that RX 5700 allows macOS Catalina. Hmmm, the choice is not easy.

Back