Sapphire 7950 dual x
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
(Fixed) Sapphire HD 7950 Dual-X Boost

Hi everyone!

I have this gpu http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00BBKO65S/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

I'm using a z77-d3sh with i7 3770 and work perfect with 650 ti boost with clover os 10.10.5

I followed Radeon Compatibility Guide - ATI/AMD Graphics Cards and ATI/AMD 5xxx 6xxx 7xxx 2xx 3xx Graphics Cards Framebuffer ... I allways get stuck at "gpu hardware vm is enabled" and reboots no matherr what framebuffer i use from 7xxx series or without any injections.I tried with and without igpu enabled.
With and without ati inject and intel inject.
:banghead:

I can boot to desktop only if i delete AMD7000Controller and AMDRadeonx4000 from S/L/E or fake id 67B0 from GCN 1.1 but with no acceleration and 7mb vram.

I've decoded the vbios with the 2 decoders ,redsock and radeon_bios_decode and compiled the results, but now i'm stuck , in tutorials i found i have now to implement this with a id that worked to boot from 7000controller but i'm using a 8000controller fake id to boot.I'm really confused with the tutorial here also. I've attached the code results and vbios decodes.

Can someone help me? thank you!

UPDATE: The only fix for this card is to flash it.I flashed with a r9 280 Sapphire and worked OOB.

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    1.8 KB · Views: 325
Last edited:
UPDATE: The only fix for this card is to flash it.I flashed with a r9 280 Sapphire and worked OOB.

Do you any chance have the ROM you used to flash your card? I have the exact same model and am getting kernel panics at boot, and I've isolated this card as the problem. Thanks!

Do you any chance have the ROM you used to flash your card? I have the exact same model and am getting kernel panics at boot, and I've isolated this card as the problem. Thanks!

I found a much easier fix.Just download the rom from a r9 280 from sapphire and rename it 1002_679a.rom put it in ROM folder on efi partition an check load vbios in clover.Done! Make sure you put the extention .rom at the end.Done.Now should work perfect.

Attachments

• 1002_679a.rom.zip
    41.3 KB · Views: 388
I found a much easier fix.Just download the rom from a r9 280 from sapphire and rename it 1002_679a.rom put it in ROM folder on efi partition an check load vbios in clover.Done! Make sure you put the extention .rom at the end.Done.Now should work perfect.

I have the Sapphire Vapor-x 7950, will this method also get it to work? Will be on 10.12.0/1

Sapphire 7950 Vapor-x OC edition: http://amazon.com/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited by a moderator:
Okay thanks for the quick response. ill give it a shot and let the you guys know.

Groovy, with Sierra 10.12.0/1 it worked with no problems. Just plugged it in and MacOS just knew what it was. Didn't have to do any hacking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back