i5-2500
Graphics
GT 610
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hey everyone,

I'm stuck in a delima here, all Sandy Bridge SMBIOS makes Mojave unbootable since it didn't make the cut. I'm not sure 14,2 is right for me, I know i should experiment with different Mac versions but this is the first time i alternate between different SMBIOS with my CPU not included.

Theoritically, what should be the closest Mac to Sandy Bridge?

Hey everyone,

I'm stuck in a dilemma here, all Sandy Bridge SMBIOS makes Mojave unbootable since it didn't make the cut. I'm not sure 14,2 is right for me, I know i should experiment with different Mac versions but this is the first time i alternate between different SMBIOS with my CPU not included.

Theoretically, what should be the closest Mac to Sandy Bridge?

Use iMac13,2 or iMac14,2 should be OK.

Use iMac13,2 or iMac14,2 should be OK.
Thanks! I'm using Mac Mini late 2012 for now.
tW7PWZ0.png

I use iMac 14,2 with 2600K at x42 multiplier never had a problem.

How did you get that output from terminal, I mean which command?
Scroll to "How to Test Power Management"
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/quick-guide-to-generate-a-ssdt-for-cpu-power-management.177456/

You won't get all P states if you do those steps straight after you boot your PC. In order to see all states wait for a while until your system uses those states and once it does they will show up in terminal as soon as you type the command.

Last edited:
I use 14,2 on the same MB and CPU but with MSI Radeon RX 560.

I use 14,2 on the same MB and CPU but with MSI Radeon RX 560.
Are you getting Turbo Boost as well? I'm not getting all of mine, i should reach 3700 but it stops at 3500.

I have an old asus p8z77 pro with an i7-2600k and nvidia gtx 680. Threw a broadcom pci-e adapter in and they system works just like a real mack. Used smbios 14,2 to download and install mojave. After installed I reverted to 12,2 for best cpu performance. Just put -no_compact_check in your clover boot flags and mojave boots like a charm after its installed. CPU performance with i7 sandybridge ssdt seems much better with 12,2 smbios then when i used 14,2. I toyed around with it for a while and system seemed to run overly hot with 14,2 smbios. Anyway, thought I'd share my experience in case anyone else is enjoys playing with old tech like i do lol ... :headbang:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back