Contribute
Register

sandy bridge mac book pro anouncement soon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
JoshNYC said:
According to 9to5mac.com, the new MacBook Pros will ship with 10.6.6. This is good news for the community as 10.6.7 appears close to being ready to ship (and will have to have SB support to support the new MBPs).

It's a special build of 10.6.6 with SB support. Maybe 10.6.7 will bring universal support?

The new MBPs will ship with a custom Build of 10.6.6 for the Kernel files necessary for Sandy Bridges. If the Kernel Files can be uploaded/if the special 10.6.6 Build can be Downloaded, Hackintosh Sandy Bridge support should be set. Least for Mobile Sandy Bridges. Desktops may need to wait until the iMac refresh, not sure.

About This Mac simply shows (Source):
Build 10J3210

10.6.7 will yeah, probably just update all Computers to a single, Universal Build.

tonymacx86 said:
JoshNYC said:
According to 9to5mac.com, the new MacBook Pros will ship with 10.6.6. This is good news for the community as 10.6.7 appears close to being ready to ship (and will have to have SB support to support the new MBPs).

It's a special build of 10.6.6 with SB support. Maybe 10.6.7 will bring universal support?

Yeah, basically I'm just saying that I'm happy they aren't shipping with 10.6.7 or we might have to wait until 10.6.8 for a universal build. :eek:

JoshNYC said:
tonymacx86 said:
JoshNYC said:

Yeah, basically I'm just saying that I'm happy they aren't shipping with 10.6.7 or we might have to wait until 10.6.8 for a universal build. :eek:

I'm with you, especially because there is a chance that there won't be a 10.7.8 because they will just wait for lion (10.7) this summer.

mistermarkd said:
http://www.macrumors.com/2011/02/24/macbook-pros-with-thunderbolt-ati-amd-graphics/
15 and 17 inch models to feature ATI/AMD graphics?
Of course! Just to make sure the mercury engine of Premiere CS5 will not work and you stick with Final Cut pro.

I was already warming up the credit card for a new Mac Pro 17" replacing the old one, but if it is true that they will go with ATI and they will not offer anything similar to the hardware acceleration of Premiere CS5 for their Final Cut, I will pass on this one and get a vaio.

gino said:
mistermarkd said:
http://www.macrumors.com/2011/02/24/macbook-pros-with-thunderbolt-ati-amd-graphics/
15 and 17 inch models to feature ATI/AMD graphics?
but if it is true that they will go with ATI and they will not offer anything similar to the hardware acceleration of Premiere CS5 for their Final Cut, I will pass on this one and get a vaio.

nvidiaadbe.jpg

The apple store is down for an update. Looks like its coming soon :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back