Contribute
Register

sandy bridge lion install success!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you try to install using the ASUS UEFI instead of the regular BIOS? If not, can you give it a try and post on what happens - thinking about an ASUS board for my next build and would like to go UEFI if possible.

Going Bald said:
Did you try to install using the ASUS UEFI instead of the regular BIOS? If not, can you give it a try and post on what happens - thinking about an ASUS board for my next build and would like to go UEFI if possible.

i stayed away from it on this board it was very touchy on the gigabyte z68 boards. i literally wanted to throw my computer out the window. i went through 3 boards with no avail... problems that persisted were as follows: restart loop. random shut down, random blu ray drive unmount with error messages, would not read my pci 800 firewire card or my raid card , also i couldn't or the life of me get my video card displayed properly in profiler .. i should say though as i was racking my brain to see if i was missing something , it dawned on me that i had the uefi setting in bios enabled so when i disabled it most of the problems went away except for the video card issue..i finally decided to go with ASUS and it is a complete ray of sunshine to work with i haven't got not 1 kernel panic system is running super sweet... by the way i also went as far as to set up lion with the gigabyte z68 board with minimal , just essential
components without uefi enabled, after i got lion some what stable i installed everything "hardware" you know to trick it .. i guess.... well i got catastrophic multiple kernel panics...

i will try the setting again on this board i will post results..

ok.. i noticed that in the bios I'm using is The asus efi bios utility, anyway at the the exit button there was a function that says " Launch EFI shell from filesystem device" i pressed it to see what would happen bios utility closed and restarted the computer it return a message that said warning file not found i pressed ok and brought me back to the bios utility were i exited normally. i recently updated to lion 10.7.1 with no problem other then the normal Audio which i fix with AppleHDA Rollback... Still no kernel panics system is running great!!!..

i'm thinking what if i changed my model identifier to iMac 11.1 right then down load the efi boot rom version put it on usb or something and start up the" Launch EFI shell from filesystem device" i wonder....
Screen Shot 2011-08-18 at 3.29.13 PM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2011-08-18 at 3.29.13 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2011-08-18 at 3.29.13 PM.png
    308.6 KB · Views: 103
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back