CPU
i7 6700K
Graphics
GTX 980 Ti
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Anyone using one of these yet? I just ordered the 240GB version, I read they fall somewhere between the SM950 Pro and the SM960 Pro with regards to performance so I am looking forward to mine arriving (the 950 is actually more expensive at the moment which is why I got the 960).

I know I will need to patch to run it but considering it will be 10x faster write & 20x faster read than my existing SATA SSD's it is worth going through the hassle of patching.

Just put the 1Tb Evo in my skylake hackintish this week. Works great. Used the patches from here: https://github.com/RehabMan/patch-nvme

THcQhni.jpg

Just put the 1Tb Evo in my skylake hackintish this week. Works great. Used the patches from here: https://github.com/RehabMan/patch-nvme

THcQhni.jpg
I am having a weird issue. installed my 960 EVO today but as yet have not installed anything on it. However, now I am unable to boot from the Clover EFI on my El Capitan drive, I have to use a USB clover to boot. I can boot to windows fine and once I use my USB install disk for El Capitan I can boot from the hard drive - any ideas?

I am having a weird issue. installed my 960 EVO today but as yet have not installed anything on it. However, now I am unable to boot from the Clover EFI on my El Capitan drive, I have to use a USB clover to boot. I can boot to windows fine and once I use my USB install disk for El Capitan I can boot from the hard drive - any ideas?

I've seen mine act funny if I remove my M.2 drive. Its like it no longer see's the UEFI. I since installed Clover on a separate 2.5" SSD. I just had this happen since I removed my Kingston HyperX Predator drive in order to properly initialize my new 960 EVO drive. It was such a pain. Odd thing too is it won't work in my Startech USB-C External, but does work in the Asus Hyper Card, and M.2 slot on my X99 Deluxe. I had to remove all my drives and run a Windows Recovery drive in order to "find" the drive and initialize it. I can't seem to get it to show up in OS X even with the patch-nvme project.

I've seen mine act funny if I remove my M.2 drive. Its like it no longer see's the UEFI. I since installed Clover on a separate 2.5" SSD. I just had this happen since I removed my Kingston HyperX Predator drive in order to properly initialize my new 960 EVO drive. It was such a pain. Odd thing too is it won't work in my Startech USB-C External, but does work in the Asus Hyper Card, and M.2 slot on my X99 Deluxe. I had to remove all my drives and run a Windows Recovery drive in order to "find" the drive and initialize it. I can't seem to get it to show up in OS X even with the patch-nvme project.
I fixed mine by re-adding the El Capitan EFI partition to the UEFI table using easyuefi in windows. Have since installed Sierra on the m.2 drive and am having no problems so far.

Hi, I have practically the same hardware as you. Just have the GTX 980 ti instead of the graphics card you have.

Is it possible to share the details of what you did specifically for the Samsung 960 evo. I tried following the detailed instructions but got a bit lost. I'm a noob about all this.

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back