Im Korean User.

I have a few questions. ^^

Wireless n wimax 6150 is Will Work Well?? i wanna Wibro Service

The horizontal direction of the boot loader is difficult ( Slate Button.. ) ;;

Thank the authors.

i Will cheer For Every Slate User

This is coming together so well!

I'm still working on the ALC269. It should be working, but... :beachball:

So far, I have the card show up in the system profiler, but Mac still does not see it (in System Preferences). I have been working on changing the AppleHDA kext (verb tables and such), but I am starting to feel like there is something extra I have to do in the DSDT for the ALC269 to function. When I get desperate enough, I'll ask the master, Toleda, for some help.

Gonna keep trying! :headbang:

The 10.7.4 combo installer keep tells me that I have to reboot upon finishing. I say OK, but when it runs, it comes out with an error. Haven't been able to get past this point. Any suggestions?

Use a 10.7.4 unibeast and do a fresh install. Update your lion installer to 10.7.4 (there is a guide on tonymac on how to do this via the app store).

Use a 10.7.4 unibeast and do a fresh install. Update your lion installer to 10.7.4 (there is a guide on tonymac on how to do this via the app store).

OK, I'll try again... third time's the charm.

You wouldn't happen to have the link to the update instructions you mentioned? I'll look for it anyway, but it might be quicker. I've never done this before and am a little bit lost.

Thanks!

Another question... I installed from the unibeast installer to an external usb hard drive to speed things up, but even though the slate sees the drive, it will not boot from it and boots windows instead... any ideas?

I'll add that the external drive is seen by the bios and is formatted as GUID

wallywld said:
Another question... I installed from the unibeast installer to an external usb hard drive to speed things up, but even though the slate sees the drive, it will not boot from it and boots windows instead... any ideas?

Well, you have to load up Chimera to boot the mac somehow. You are going to either have to use a Unibeast USB everytime you boot, or put chimera on one of the HDD's you are using. I think some users also install chimera to a microSD card, and assign that as the primary boot drive.

If chimera is on the target HDD, do this: (this assumes that your disk is GUID)
In the bios, go the the rightmost tab, and choose the last option called, BOOT OVERRIDE.

Please correct me if I'm wrong

OK, thanks. I think I'm doing it how you describe, but again, I'm new at this so I might be doing something wrong.

I built the External drive using the unibeast installer and followed the same instructions as for the usb key installer. For now I'm going to continue using the usb install instructions for the slate as laid out by ailym1 (the one about using a USB key with two partitions.

It's just that when I did this (twice now) the combo installer fails. So I'm going to follow your advice and build a unibeast installer that has already been updated to 10.7.4 because as it is now, I can't wait from sleep and I don't have the brighter screen either. Although it's very bright when booting.

W.

gptsync (rEFIt) allows to manage hybrid MBR and GPT partition tables. probably it could help to fix booting into osx without to backup guid partition, reformat to mbr, then restore again.

gptsync (rEFIt) allows to manage hybrid MBR and GPT partition tables. probably it could help to fix booting into osx without to backup guid partition, reformat to mbr, then restore again.

Thanks for the advice.

I decided to return my slate and order the 3G version, which has working wifi on OSX. I'll try with that one when it gets here.

This is so exciting!! Can't wait to have an OSX slate.

Thanks to all who helped.

W.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back