5. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
HacPro Touch aka SAMSUNG SERIES 7 SLATE/TABLET
::IN PROGRESS:: 10.7.4

7025023041_7ef9631370_z.jpg

I'm working on a Samsung Series 7 Slate with Lion UniBeast USB KEY Install method.

Early apologies if i don't post this in the right fashion as I'm new to this.

So Far I'm still booting from the USB KEY, but its a work in progress and this tablet has some great potential so I'm going to push forward as I'm shore the community will help me get this thing zinging along just nicely.

What I used: 8GB USB KEY, mini-HDMI to HDMI cable/adapter, USB Keyboard and mouse. After you make a UniBeast USB key you have some space still left on it so I made a folder and downloaded Latest MultiBeast: Lion Edition and my FILES that have the edited DSDT and needed kexts to get 10.7.4 running on native screen.

Here are my files.
SAMSUNG_7_SLATE.zip

Installation method: UniBeast USB KEY http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2011/10/ ... using.html
Buy or download a copy of LION 10.7.4 from a buddy with a mac so you can make the UniBeast usb key.

I connected a mini-HDMI to HDMI cable to the tablet then to a TV screen or Monitor to get the initial install done, because you won't see the install on the native screen at first.

>To ENTER BIOS hold down the windows home key and press the power button.<
>>To Switch from tab to tab hold down the button BELOW the power button and use the volume keys to toggle across.<<
>>>To scroll up and down the tabs use the volume buttons.<<<
>>>>Select option by pressing button BELOW the power button<<<<

THIS PORTION YOU WILL SEE ON THE TABLET SCREEN
BIOS SETTINGS
1) BIOS: SysInfo
SusInfo.jpg

2) BIOS: Advanced>
CPU Power Saving Mode [Enabled]
Hyperthreading [Enabled]
EBD (Execute Disable Bit) [Enabled]
Legacy USB Support [Enabled]

UEFI Boot Support [Enabled]
AHCI Mode Control [Manual]
set AHCI Mode [Enabled]

USB S3 Wake-up [Enabled]
Advanced.jpg

3)BIOS: Boot>
Set Boot Priority
1.USB KEY
Boot.jpg

There is a new bios update. Please update the bios before you do the rest of the install.
Go to Samsung and do the update in windows.

The Bios I have now is 08FW.
Choose the same option as above in the updated bios.

Save and Restart.(have your UniBeast USB stick inserted at this point)

You will see iBoot load up and show USB. Press enter on your keyboard.
After the Apple boot screen loads the screen will switch to the mini-HDMI to HDMI connected screen.

Use Disck Utility to Partition the internal SSD to Mac OS Extended (Journaled), Options:GUID Partition Table

Install Lion. This will take about 15-20min or so. Restart (might need a cold boot)

Iboot will now show your new installed LION. Select and press enter.

The tablet might currnel panic, but after 2 restarts it went right in to LION.

Go through the Lion initial Set-up.

When you get to the desktop have another USB stick with Latest MultiBeast, My Slate 7 files, Kext Wizard already downloaded.

Run Latest MultiBeast: Edition. Copy my edited DSDT.aml file to your desktop.
User DSDT, System Utilities, Bootloaders, System Definitions: MacBookPro8,1.

Kext Wizard to install all kexst in the provided KEXTs folder.
Rebuild kext cache.

Restart. With USB UniBeast still inserted.

Thats what I have so far.

You should have 10.7.4 running with Native screen.

WHAT WORKS. :thumbup:
Bluetooth: OOB, connects to Apple keyboard and Trackpad and works like a charm.
Sound:Works ok, but can tell it need to be worked on.
Web Cams: Both work, just both need to have the image flipped horizontally.
Touch-screen and Wacom pen: are both recognized OOB, but can't be calibrated yet.

WHAT DOES NOT WORK. :crazy:

1)Wifi does not get recognized as it uses a chipset that i think everyone is having problems with. I tried the Drivers at iwidarwin http://code.google.com/p/iwidarwin/ and the O80211Family.kext. No luck.

And so it starts. I will reach out to some of my buddies on here to see what they think. I would greatly appreciate any and all help.

I will not to give up. :headbang:

Here is a video of what I have so far. :beachball:
[VIDEO]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdDrAWxkscM[/VIDEO]

2nd vid:
[VIDEO]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9P4DkmQzYBY[/VIDEO]

NEW VIDEO OF FULL SCREEN WORKING COMING SOON!!!

Well there it is guys. Let me know what you think. Thanks

I AM WORKING ON UPDATING THIS PAGE DAILY SO PARDEN ANY INCONSISTENCIES.
YOU MAY SEND ME MESSAGES OR POST ON THIS THREAD.

Attachments

• Boot.jpg
    Boot.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 7,342
  • Advanced.jpg
    Advanced.jpg
    1,005.8 KB · Views: 9,109
  • SusInfo.jpg
    SusInfo.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 6,802
  • SAMSUNG_7_SLATE.zip
    10.2 MB · Views: 1,003
Re: SAMSUNG SERIES 7 SLATE/TABLET ::IN PROGRESS:: 10.7.2

Wow that is really cool- so the touch panel goes blank and you can use it as an input device? Super neat project- and unique alternative to a desktop or laptop hack.

I'm curious to see more when you do get it working- I'll look into the wifi for you. Here's a link to the product page:

Samsung Series 7 XE700T1A-A01US 11.6-Inch Slate (64 GB, Win 7 HP)
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005OUQ9JC/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8

11.6-inch Superbright Plus display with 1366 x 768 resolution for native HD 720p viewing (400 nit brightness)
1.6 GHz Intel Core i5-2467M dual-core processor (2.3 GHz with Turbo Boost Technology; 3 MB L3 cache)
64 GB solid-state drive (SSD) delivers quicker boot-ups, faster application launches and overall enhanced performance
4 GB of installed DDR3 RAM (maximum)
Intel HD Graphics 3000 for casual and mainstream gaming (supports Microsoft DirectX 10).
2-megapixel front webcam
3-megapixel rear webcam
Built-in stereo speakers (3 watts total; 1.5W x 2)
Up to 7 hours of battery life
Dimensions and Weight: 11.66 x 7.24 x 0.51 inches (WxDxH); 2.04 pounds

Very similar specs to the MacBook Air!

Thanks TonyMac

Yes the display goes blank and I'm still able to use it an input devise. Ink is automatically installed/recognized.

When i went through the usual Multibeast settings I installed the Chimera boot loader and in kernel panics no matter how many restarts and cach and permission fixes.

I don't have an extracted DSDT file from windows. Should I reinstall windows7 and get info I need from it? The LION install only takes 30min tops with the audio MB option.

Let me know what information I will need. I contacted Samsung on information about what Wifi card and audio codec that was used in this tablet.

I am excited to get this on the road and being that I have some time on my hand its the prefect time for me to jump on this project.

Just keep in mind I come from a design/art background, so it takes me time to learn and understand the technical information needed to fix these issues.

Thanks a million again.

OK- best thing to do would be to do an IOReg extract, as well as the DSDT- and we can figure out your devices. Also, when Samsung does get you full specs post that here. This will be fun!

Link: Public/IORegistryExplorer.zip

impressive work......

Sir you are like a breath of fresh air... this is going to be the iPad i have always wanted~, how much do those bad boys run +/- thanks!

MAD AUDI SCIENTIST said:
I will not to give up. :headbang:

nice work bro, i want tablet that runs OSX, not OSX lite, [cough], i mean ios5

Armenia%20flag-XL-anim.gif

Samsung Series 7 XE700T1A-A01US 11.6-Inch Slate, 64 GB, Win 7 HP, 4GB RAM. NO Dock, No Keyboard.
Price: $1,049.00
http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-XE700T1A-A01US-11-6-Inch-Slate-Win/dp/B005OUQ9JC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1321923269&sr=8-1

Samsung Series 7 XE700T1A-A04US 11.6-Inch Slate,128 GB, Win 7 PRO, 4GB RAM, NO Dock, No Keyboard.
Price: $1,399.00
http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-XE700T1A-A04US-11-6-Inch-Slate-128/dp/B00613CAW6/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1321923269&sr=8-5

Samsung Series 7 XE700T1A-A03US 11.6-Inch Slate, 128 GB SSD, Win 7 HP, 4GB RAM WITH DOCK AND KEYBOARD
Price:$1,699.99
http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-XE700T1A-A03US-11-6-Inch-KEYBOARD-Bluetooth/dp/B0064G9IPM/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1321923269&sr=8-6

I have the first one, but i paid $1200 including tax at J&R. I got one with no Keyboard because I own both BT keyboard and trackpad. I'm thinking about getting the dock, but not yet. Also I Might have to open this thing up to replace the Wifi mini-PCIe card inside so I would think about upgrading the SSD to 128GB or 256GB. We will see. I can't wait to do some sketches in Photoshop. I'll post as soon as we get it working well.

@ armoman92
Thanks lil cuz you know none of this Hackintoshing would be possible without your knowledge. Love the Armenian flag.! :thumbup:

@ yrualeg
Thanks for the kind words brother man, wish me luck. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back