Contribute
Register

SAMSUNG SERIES 7 SLATE/TABLET >>>>75% COMPLETE!<<<< 10.7.4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: SAMSUNG SERIES 7 SLATE/TABLET >>>>75% COMPLETE!<<<< 10.7.3

lautarol said:
Call me dumb, but i'm not getting it.

do you know what combo card (wifi-BT) could work OOB for OSX?

our model doesn't come with on board BT so if we don't get a combo card we will loose either one.

isn't it? sorry but got lost :oops:

I am likewise flabbergasted by the lack of specifics, although this may be partially my own fault, so here are a few straightforward questions:

1. I have the "Samsung 700T1A-A06 128 GB Wi-Fi Black Tablet," purchased on December 31st, 2011. What do I need to do in order for wireless to work while running the Mac OS?

2. If I need to install a different internal card, what is the part number, and could we get a direct link to this purchasing page?

3. If I need an external (USB) wi-fi card, and internal options are not currently viable, what would you recommend? A link would be greatly appreciated for this item as well! :D

4. Android x86 works and loads the internal wireless card for certain models, but not for mine. Does this mean there is a certain functional internal wireless card for all Unix operating systems?

Sorry if these questions are a bit demanding :? I am sure this will help future forum browsers with the same questions and less of an in-depth understanding of previous discussions.

pismodude2 said:
I am likewise flabbergasted by the lack of specifics, although this may be partially my own fault, so here are a few straightforward questions:

Please read the entire thread from start to finish and all your questions will be answered. One must read and read and read on to get the info ones needs. There is no one shot solution, that why I'm testing out a few cards now. Everything here is just that a test. I don't think any one can give you solid answers because there are too many variables. So for you to ask for direct questions to your answers might make some here a bit "flabbergasted".

But all in all you need to really read the entire thread and have all your questions answered by the post that everyone here contributed. There are detailed photos and all the part numbers you need.

You are 100% correct about the parts not being really available. You will have to replace the wifi witch should not mess up anything with your BT as i think its a separate chip somewhere els on the mono. Again this is my theory, because if you do research the mini pcie cars that are used in these machines non have BT on them.

Keep up the hard work guys!

MAD AUDI SCIENTIST said:
You will have to replace the wifi witch should not mess up anything with your BT as i think its a separate chip somewhere els on the mono. Again this is my theory, because if you do research the mini pcie cars that are used in these machines non have BT on them.

Keep up the hard work guys!

It's not my intention to contradict you MAS but many of us do have WiFi-BT combo cards.

As stated here and in other forums the //BUILD version came with WiFi-GPS-3G half miniPCI card an onboard BT module. So did the European 3G model.

I own a XE700T1A-A01US bought in USA during April.

It has an Intel WLAN+BT model 62230ANHMW.... wich is a combo card.

I couldn't find anybody who had opened their slate and found the OnBoard BT module so for what we know up to date is that there might be two possible MoBos out there. One with a BT module soldered somewhere and the other apparently with none.

It would be illogical but possible that Samsung packed ALL of their slates with the same motherboard and therefore everybody has a BT chip that needs only to be activated but I seriously doubt it. Hell I wish it was that the case! :D

When I read that you where going to test some cards I've got pretty exited as I thought you owned the same model than I do.

I've been searching the forum without any lucky results for a half miniPCI WiFi-BT Combo card that works in OSX. I apreciatte any advice as I'm willing to run Android and OSX with WiFi and BT.

Thanks again!

So I've been doing some research and I found this

http://www.qca.qualcomm.com/technology/technology.php?nav1=47&product=75

It's a WiFi-BT combo card

I went http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.php/HCL_10.7.0/Portables and found that the Atheros AR9285 works in Lion with patched kext.

Then I found that AR3011 works under Lion!

So my guess is that this card will work for us. Actually some of the HP laptop owners use this exact model to get WiFi-BT working under OSX.

I expect to purchase one next week so if anybody has any advice I'll be glad to hear.

Hope this helps
Here is a link to Ebay

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Atheros-AR9...work_Cards&hash=item1c1e06705d#ht_2486wt_1037

lautarol said:
Then I found that AR3011 works under Lion!

I've got the same card. It requires a hot reboot from windows for bluetooth to work. So if you're intending on running os x only, you're screwed.

- Broadcom 4313 + BT3.0 (Bluetooth will, wifi won't)
- 43225 + Bluetooth (Bluetooth will, wifi won't)
- Old 4311/4312 + Bluetooth 2.1 (Bluetooth will run, wifi most likely will with modified 802.11. Only b/g no 'n' support)
- RTL/Ralink cards will all have working wifi but through 3rd party application. Bluetooth may/may not.

Thanx!

ayilm1 said:
I've got the same card. It requires a hot reboot from windows for bluetooth to work. So if you're intending on running os x only, you're screwed.

Is this a must as BT has to be on before OSX loads?
Is there any way to permanently leave BT on?

ayilm1 said:
- RTL/Ralink cards will all have working wifi but through 3rd party application. Bluetooth may/may not.

card models? 3rd party app name?

again, thank you

so brightness control in osx lion is solved ???
or still work in progress

ayilm1 said:

- 43225 + Bluetooth (Bluetooth will, wifi won't)
- Old 4311/4312 + Bluetooth 2.1 (Bluetooth will run, wifi most likely will with modified 802.11. Only b/g no 'n' support)

I stand to be corrected. Your all right. The BT is a combo card I was confusing it with apples BCM20702 BT chipset that is installed separate on some machines.

And I have been testing some combo cards as ayilm1 listed above.

In particular the BCM20702+BCM4313 and BCM20702A0+BCM4313.

we have a dsdt for the first card but it kp the appleBdcm4322.kext. So i know we are getting somewhere if the DSDT is making a kext come in to play for the WiFi side. As stated in former posts the BT side works like a charm a bit better my stock Samsung combo card.

Just food for thought.

Keep on rocking guys! :headbang: :beachball: :beachball: :beachball:

MAD AUDI SCIENTIST said:
ayilm1 said:

BCM4313, card from hell :twisted:   If anyone has solutions for 10.7, or links for solutions (I couldn't find any in my searches) I would love to know (please PM me).      :banghead:

When you guys eventually get the Waccom working, I just installed this app on my Macbook Pro. It's called BetterTouchTool. Inside the settings, there is an option for "Eanble Experimental Support for Waccom tablets." :arrow: who knows? :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back