Contribute
Register

SAMSUNG SERIES 7 SLATE/TABLET >>>>75% COMPLETE!<<<< 10.7.4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: SAMSUNG SERIES 7 SLATE/TABLET ::IN PROGRESS:: 10.7.2

MAD AUDI SCIENTIST said:
tabletosxbay said:
The first time i installed osx I also installed a battery option, not sure where i got it, but it had a working battery icon. Let me dig a bit.

Cool, thanks man. :thumbup:

Hmmm it wasnt in my "downloads" on my macbook like i expected it to be, did you try this one? http://www.osx86.net/downloads.php?do=file&id=1384

I have to work on putting up some shelves and painting some walls of my apartment, but I will keep checking in and work on this later tonight im sure.

thanks bud that was a no go. no worries, but it will be nice to have one we get this thing up and running. first post on the tablet in my van on the clear 4g. not bad at all. can't wait to get it running all nice nice. good luck with the new place. :thumbup:

MAD AUDI SCIENTIST said:
thanks bud that was a no go. no worries, but it will be nice to have one we get this thing up and running. first post on the tablet in my van on the clear 4g. not bad at all. can't wait to get it running all nice nice. good luck with the new place. :thumbup:

Yeah at least we know its possible! I specifically remember it even showing the amount of time left around 4:00 hours.. and thinking hmm the battery life seems a little less than windows 8. I will figure out how it worked later tonight. I cant wait to get it up and fully running. So we have cameras, battery and everything else besides full resolution and wifi. Thats pretty damn good.

tabletosxbay said:
Yeah at least we know its possible! I specifically remember it even showing the amount of time left around 4:00 hours.. and thinking hmm the battery life seems a little less than windows 8. I will figure out how it worked later tonight. I cant wait to get it up and fully running. So we have cameras, battery and everything else besides full resolution and wifi. Thats pretty damn good.

You said it right man. We where the first two guys to even do this. When I got the tablet and was able to put LION on it I told my buddy Stork on here and he let Tony know. I was hopping that the rumors of Tony getting one of these was true :silent: , and I'm still keeping my fingers crossed :cool: cuz you know if he got one it would be zip zam zing. :thumbup: until then if any one who reads these posts can tell me where to look and what to look for and how to match up IDs and what have you i will sit there and look through code all day. I just have no clue what I'm looking at. :crazy:

i was just outside in my car testing out the Clear 4G network. I can say that on netflix even with 64mb of vram it was ok. Sound got a tiny bit choppy. i do remember the sound being much louder in windows too. but that all irrelevant because the main thing i need is the screen to be at normal resolution so i can use the tablet to work.

Hey also is it running hot on you too? At times it gets real hot on me when i set it down. when i use it standing up or walking around while holding it its not too bad.

MAD AUDI SCIENTIST said:
tabletosxbay said:

You said it right man. We where the first two guys to even do this. When I got the tablet and was able to put LION on it I told my buddy Stork on here and he let Tony know. I was hopping that the rumors of Tony getting one of these was true :silent: , and I'm still keeping my fingers crossed :cool: cuz you know if he got one it would be zip zam zing. :thumbup: until then if any one who reads these posts can tell me where to look and what to look for and how to match up IDs and what have you i will sit there and look through code all day. I just have no clue what I'm looking at. :crazy:

i was just outside in my car testing out the Clear 4G network. I can say that on netflix even with 64mb of vram it was ok. Sound got a tiny bit choppy. i do remember the sound being much louder in windows too. but that all irrelevant because the main thing i need is the screen to be at normal resolution so i can use the tablet to work.

Hey also is it running hot on you too? At times it gets real hot on me when i set it down. when i use it standing up or walking around while holding it its not too bad.

exactly, the main thing for me is resolution so i can install zbrush and photoshop. It runs pretty hot in osx, not sure whats going on with that. In windows8 its not really a problem.

Okies I use voodoo battery from easy beast,
Tabletosxbay, in the smbios.plist yours is listed as a mac mini 5.1 I used on the 3series multibeast easybeast plus laptop option for the 8,1 this installed some useless stuff as well (jmicron 3rd party ahci kexts that are not needed.)
As for the tablet running hotter and short than in windows well (if you use the nullcpupowermanagement.kext your gonna get hot because no p-states and s-states. I seriously need to fix my lappy for that one too. my cpu runs in the 60's at times when busy but doesn't drop under like 54C in windows it does go in the high 30's low to mid 40's when idle. depending on external temp.
speedstep is an important thing with a 17W ULV processor. :lolno: :banghead: trust me after I figure out the darn audio kext bs this will be my next project our cpu's are basically the same as for a MBA (except a little slower and in case of the i3 no turbo boost) the silicon is identical just binned differently if someone could get their hands on their binning source code there probably could be away to mod this LOL. heck you could after some prime 95 stability tests (and a modded bios probably run these chips at MBA speeds with turbo boost. heck not sure but I think the only difference between the i3 and 5 is the turbo boost.
Well wishful thinking they got that source locked down tight lol.
Anyways if I get the audio on mine working I'll ask for the linux and windows and voodoo dump from your guys one and ensure that it's the same and pass on the wealth. But I really dun get why you guys can't just boot from an easybeast install (with the mod for macbookpro 8,1 the HW is not that different.
terramir

terramir Thanks for the knowledge brother def understand a bit more every time i read your posts. Im done for the night so to end it right, here is a video of what i have so far for the people to watch.

[VIDEO]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9P4DkmQzYBY[/VIDEO]

Nice!
MAD AUDI SCIENTIST said:
terramir Thanks for the knowledge brother def understand a bit more every time i read your posts. Im done for the night so to end it right, here is a video of what i have so far for the people to watch.

[VIDEO]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9P4DkmQzYBY[/VIDEO]

Ok- we're gonna get screen resolution working. If the thing has HD 3000, you can binary edit the connector table inside the AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext (credit to bcc9).

We've managed to get all connectors working on the CustoMac Mini and on the probook. I think the internal display on this tablet is LVDS. We can edit the MacBook Pro 8,1 connector tables accordingly. Best thing to do would be to try a few different ones. If anyone's interested in testing, here's one for 10.7.2 for LVDS (internal laptop screen) on the 1st framebuffer.

If this doesn't work, it could be a misconfiguration between the actual hardware- being a touchscreen instead of a laptop internal display.

To test- make sure you have a fresh 10.7.2, booting from internal hd with macbookpro8,1 smbios.

1. Delete your current /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext
2. Get KextBeast (from Downloads)
3. Unzip the kext and put on desktop
4. Run KextBeast and reboot.

Good luck yall- I'm hoping we can get this screen at full res- I really want to see it!

Attachments

• AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext.zip
    214.6 KB · Views: 138
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back