Contribute
Register

SAMSUNG SERIES 7 SLATE/TABLET >>>>75% COMPLETE!<<<< 10.7.4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: SAMSUNG SERIES 7 SLATE/TABLET ::IN PROGRESS:: 10.7.2

So ive been trying everything all day.. to get the native resolution. Im really just running in circles. Do you guys have ANY suggestions, im willing to try whatever it takes. I plan to dedicate the rest of the night to any method you guys might have in mind. I will do countless installs etc... Its so much easier now that i have a usb hub, i can leave all my installers plugged in as well as the keyboard.

took a quick look at the dsdt and I can tell you one thing the part about gfx0 while at first looks about the same as mine starts differing significantly towards the end, So people with more experience might need to take a look. But I would like you to do three things for me
1. fire up terminal and type first sudo -s enter your password and then type dmesg after this you will get a crpload of print highlight it all and copy it to a txt file please. then...
2. go back to the same terminal window and type kextstat again copy and paste in another text file
3. take those to textiles and add to that your org.chameleon.boot.plist and your SMbios.plist then zip it up and post it, these things might help the whole situation.
terramir

terramir said:
took a quick look at the dsdt and I can tell you one thing the part about gfx0 while at first looks about the same as mine starts differing significantly towards the end, So people with more experience might need to take a look. But I would like you to do three things for me
1. fire up terminal and type first sudo -s enter your password and then type dmesg after this you will get a crpload of print highlight it all and copy it to a txt file please. then...
2. go back to the same terminal window and type kextstat again copy and paste in another text file
3. take those to textiles and add to that your org.chameleon.boot.plist and your SMbios.plist then zip it up and post it, these things might help the whole situation.
terramir

Done and done, here is all the info you asked for, thanks for your help!

http://www.mediafire.com/?f5iluqzkwuaez4j

@tabletosxbay and terramir

So i downloaded camplist and started to mess around with different SMbios.plist definitions. Setting one and restarting normally and seeing what each start up would do.

I wanted to use as many def as possible so i even used an iMac SMbios.plist as they do have similar screen connections. I tried all iMac, MacBook, MacBook Pro and MacBook Air SMbios.plist. What i found was that even though some definitions did not make the screen work, but they never panicked but gave me some weird screen flickers and once i even saw the screen come on in normal resolution and blink back to black screen. And because we have to boot ignoring cash to see the screen at all tells me getting our screen to work should not be a hard thing. When normal booting using MacBook Pro def as Tony recommended the screen is blank but when i plug in the HDMI it works amazing. Full HD3000 with 384MB Vram. Just some food for thought.

question for terramir,
what do you have going for your battery status and have you figured out anything for the sleep?

MAD AUDI SCIENTIST said:

So i downloaded camplist and started to mess around with different SMbios.plist definitions. Setting one and restarting normally and seeing what each start up would do.

I wanted to use as many def as possible so i even used an iMac SMbios.plist as they do have similar screen connections. I tried all iMac, MacBook, MacBook Pro and MacBook Air SMbios.plist. What i found was that even though some definitions did not make the screen work, but they never panicked but gave me some weird screen flickers and once i even saw the screen come on in normal resolution and blink back to black screen. And because we have to boot ignoring cash to see the screen at all tells me getting our screen to work should not be a hard thing. When normal booting using MacBook Pro def as Tony recommended the screen is blank but when i plug in the HDMI it works amazing. Full HD3000 with 384MB Vram. Just some food for thought.

question for terramir,
what do you have going for your battery status and have you figured out anything for the sleep?

which definition gave you full resolution?

tabletosxbay said:
which definition gave you full resolution?

None gave me full res, it was a 2 second flicker as if it wanted to work, but did not.
It was a MacBook Air def. The 13" i think.

but still no go. :banghead:

MAD AUDI SCIENTIST said:

question for terramir,
I use voodoo battery for the battery right now, however I think there should be a way to use the native apps by changing things in the dsdt.
As for the video since you can get qe/ci on hdmi it seems to me like the display is not set as the first display the hdmi output is. this will require someone with more experience than me to chime in. As for sleep I'm still working on it but I need the tables for the newest air in order to compare stuff to see if there is a way to fix that so it will do the same kinda sleep it does in windows :). Just need to find someone with a new air :p that is willing to do the dumps for me. I will look into the zipped up files in a bit got some other things to do today .
terramir

@ terramir

I feel you 100% my man. I want to edit my DSDT, but don't know where to start. I have done a lot of reading, but i get lost because I'm a hands on learner so i need to take a class so i can visually see how its done and get a basic idea of what direction I'm headed.

But i think your right about the HDMI and screen issue. We will see. trying out VooDoo battery next now.
:thumbup:

MAD AUDI SCIENTIST said:
VooDoo Bat now makes the icon appear on top, but shows an X through it.

Any ideas. can you post your kext i got mine from http://www.osx86.net/downloads.php?do=file&id=192

Any ideas?

The first time i installed osx I also installed a battery option, not sure where i got it, but it had a working battery icon. Let me dig a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back