Contribute
Register

SAMSUNG SERIES 7 SLATE/TABLET >>>>75% COMPLETE!<<<< 10.7.4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: SAMSUNG SERIES 7 SLATE/TABLET ::IN PROGRESS:: 10.7.2

karacho said:
tabletosxbay said:
Also when i format and partition the internal drive, how should it look? MBR partition guide, with the first partition being mac osx journaled and the second being windows (if i want to do a dual boot)? Or does it matter which partition is osx and which is ntfs?
I don't think you're able to install OSX on a MBR partitioned drive because the Installer don't let you select it for installing...it's greyed out thought.

I've an idea. What if you make a clone with CCC from a working hack onto an external USB drive and make it booable with chimera or chameleon, connect the clone to the tablet and try to boot from the clone (using some bootarguments if neccesary).

I think you have to prepair the clone before with other neccesary kexts and deleting the DSDT if you use a DSDT on the original drive. You can copy all needed kexts after cloning to the clone, deleting other not needed kexts off the clone and deleting the DSDT as mentioned. Than you can run Kext Wizard and repair permissions and rebuild caches on the clone. Can you follow me? If that works and you can get the desktop, run CCC and play back the clone to the former partitioned maindrive of the tablet. I don't know if that will work, but it's worth a try

Youre right it technically wont let me install on an MBR drive but I was able to clone from a working install to external then back to an MBR, but I still needed the unibeast external installer to properly boot the newly made partition. It works pretty well out of the box i havent installed many kexts at all, maybe two from multibeast. I think the most important thing for it to get the last few things working is a proper bootloader and thats where the problem for me lies. The only way im able to boot no matter the install, external, internal mbr, guid.. is to use the unibeast external key. What bootloader is that using? can I put in on my internal permanently?

karacho said:
As far as i know it's the newest chimera. Don't you can see it in the upper left corner on the bootscreen when hitting any key?

Not sure i know what you mean, when i install chimera to the internal as a bootloader, it shows up as a simple text based (dos like) partition manager with my options to boot from. Am i doing something wrong when installing it?

also when trying to boot my reinstalled osx backup from the internal with chimera i get "cant find".

It shows up but when i try to load it, it says that.

also when i do -V it quickly flashes system/library/coreservices/systemversion.plist 475 bytes
HFS signature was not present.
loading darwin 10.7
HFS signature was not present.

so is the plist file the reason why it wont boot? ughh so many variables.

tabletosxbay said:
A few things, first I tried chimera on every drive to boot this but it doesnt seem to work. The only bootloader that will work is the unibeast installer. That boots up and recognizes the installed osx as well as boots into it, with the bootflag "-f". Also im using win8 installer but i imagine its the same with the cmnd prompt. Am i wrong? Does the formatting to MBR work the same? Did i use the right command? (convert mbr). Isnt that the same as booting into an external osx and formatting the internal to have an MBR partition guide with a few partitions, one being HFS+? Is HFS+ the same as "mac osx extended journaled"? Sorry for all the questions but im running in circles here and feel so close. I just want to be as specific as possible. Working on it now while the turkeys slowly cooking.

Also when i format and partition the internal drive, how should it look? MBR partition guide, with the first partition being mac osx journaled and the second being windows (if i want to do a dual boot)? Or does it matter which partition is osx and which is ntfs?
did you set Macbookpro 8.1 and did you use easybeast in order to make this work in the first place it installs some kexts you don't need but it should work as long as the smbios is set to MACBOOKPRO 8,1 make sure you use easy beast unless the hardware is much different from what I'm thinking which it shouldn't be it should work like that.
As for the MBR and which partition is what it should not matter as long as your windows partition is the active one (because charm and boot osx off the non active one as long as it is a primary partition) so two primary partitions.
Tell you what boot from the usb flash drive and then install easy beast and change the definition to macbookpro 8,1 you should be able to boot straight off the tablet.
We should be able to trouble shoot this eventually. Might need you to boot to linux and do a lspci and e-mail or post it if it still does not work.

terramir said:
did you set Macbookpro 8.1 and did you use easybeast in order to make this work in the first place it installs some kexts you don't need but it should work as long as the smbios is set to MACBOOKPRO 8,1 make sure you use easy beast unless the hardware is much different from what I'm thinking which it shouldn't be it should work like that.
As for the MBR and which partition is what it should not matter as long as your windows partition is the active one (because charm and boot osx off the non active one as long as it is a primary partition) so two primary partitions.
Tell you what boot from the usb flash drive and then install easy beast and change the definition to macbookpro 8,1 you should be able to boot straight off the tablet.
We should be able to trouble shoot this eventually. Might need you to boot to linux and do a lspci and e-mail or post it if it still does not work.

Awesome! thats a step in the right direction. It was so simple too, now the chimera bootloader graphic screen shows up. So i tried to let it load with no options and it gave me a kernel panic. Then i tried with -F (clear caches) and it didnt panic but it just hangs with the spinny thing. Could i maybe need to change bios options? I will run -F -V and -S to see if i can figure out why.

EDIT
okay I ran -v and it gave me something along the lines of
Debugger called <panic>
backtrace(cpu 0), Frame : return address
A BUNCH OF NUMBER!!!!! not gonna type em
Kernel Extensions in backtrace:
com.apple.iokit.IAVBFamily
Dependency: com.apple.iokit.IOEthernetAV controller
Dependancy: com.apple.iokit.IONetworkingFamily (2.0)

mac os version
not yet set.

hey guys, sorry to break the flow of this thread, but I'm just a little confused as to everyone's progress with the series 7.

Has anyone got the system to boot, and have the display (on the tablet itself) work? (as in you get a picture on the built in display)

As far as i understand, people have external displays displays working via HDMI-out (with the MBP 8,1 definintions), but not the internal display. [i know MAD AUDI SCIENTIST has this at the moment]

Also, I think MAD AUDI SCIENTIST is onto the problem, concerning device IDs, and having to edit the DSDT before running multibeast. Kind of like something done in THIS thread

Thanks, happy thanksgiving!

arikstress said:
Touch-screen and Wacom pen: are both recognized OOB.

way coool, hiccups, i only has fujitsu tablet notebook, wacom and touchscreen didn't work. can you share what extensions load for your wacom or touchscreen device? :thumbup: nice share

It works for me OOB. but no display. but when researching this before i got my tablet i saw someone post this place.
http://home.eeti.com.tw/web20/eGalaxTou ... Driver.htm

i plan to use that program to calibrate my tablet when i have it fully running.

good luck

eGalax NOT WORK !!!

lazy to check if this has been said, could you check your system info? i suggest using everest in windows or

this
http://olarila.com/kexts/SystemInfoWin.zip
also for windows

these apps will give you the device ID's and models

armoman92 said:
hey guys, sorry to break the flow of this thread, but I'm just a little confused as to everyone's progress with the series 7.

Has anyone got the system to boot, and have the display (on the tablet itself) work? (as in you get a picture on the built in display)

As far as i understand, people have external displays displays working via HDMI-out (with the MBP 8,1 definintions), but not the internal display. [i know MAD AUDI SCIENTIST has this at the moment]

Also, I think MAD AUDI SCIENTIST is onto the problem, concerning device IDs, and having to edit the DSDT before running multibeast. Kind of like something done in THIS thread

Thanks, happy thanksgiving!

Ive had it working with internal display from day one.. as you can see in my video a couple pages back. The only thing not working for me is resolution, wifi, and camera I believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back