Contribute
Register

SAMSUNG SERIES 7 SLATE/TABLET >>>>75% COMPLETE!<<<< 10.7.4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: SAMSUNG SERIES 7 SLATE/TABLET >>>>75% COMPLETE!<<<< 10.7.0

Sitting down to hack for a while - so, is the wacom not working at all? If so, some things to try will be:

+ adding WACF00* to the appropriate Info.plists in serial kexts. I assume we have WAC008 in these?
+ modifying ioserial kext with the right address for serial0 and recompiling
+ try the axiotron modbook drivers

...or is it that the tablet doesn't calibrate? There are uspp drivers that can help there.

Let me know - I'll get to it :)

Mad Audi Thank you so much for editing the DSDT!!! I was looking into it but really didn't have the time to get far. You really saved me!

… I'm just going to skip the part where I was actually considering keeping the Samsung slate and using Windows for my tablet work even though all my apps are Mac… then where I was attempting a VMWare install of OSX. (things i actually should have tried with my old Fujistu's tablets :x )

I knew this would not be like the Fujitsu tablets I have tried in the past since the HD3000 was natively supported unlike the GMA4500 integrated models. Now the only problem that does still bring back memories is the digitizer recognition and calibration. TabletMagic is not going to work on the slate because it does not support USB digitizers from what I remember 2 years ago. The one difference though is that the last Fujitsu I had was not automatically recognizing the touch and stylus/pen input out of the box like the Samsung. I am looking at touch-base drivers at the moment but not sure if there is one currently available.

So right now I have the resolution correct and graphics card recognized using the patched DSDT. I am booting using Chimera 1.8, no boot flags, MacbookAir4,1 smbios, no Extra Folder kexts, just FakeSMC in my System/Library/Extensions along with a patched AppleIntelCpuManagement kext.

Re: SAMSUNG SERIES 7 SLATE/TABLET ::IN PROGRESS:: 10.7.2

MAD AUDI SCIENTIST said:
OK Ladies and Gents.
I finaly made a working DSDT with some edited apple kexts and we now have…..drum roll please…. :headbang:

Working
1) HD3000 with Full 384MB Vram QE/CI on OSX Lion 10.7.0
2) Battery WITHOUT VooDoo kexts
3) Native Audio:Speakers, Volume Control, Analog and Digital mics,
4)Both Web cams, (Photo Booth a tiny bit jumpy)
5)Super Speed Boot Up.

NOT working.
1)Internal Wi-Fi (using ASUS N-10 USB dungal)
2)Wacom tablet recognition by Wacom software. Cant be calibrated yet.
3)Brightness Control

SO in a few short min. I will prepare all final files I have so you guys can get busy playing with your toys!…I KNOW IM PHYSIQUED!!!! ya baby almost there. :beachball:

What changes did you have to make for the first three?

massinegro204 said:
WIFI fully functional and go ...... :lol: :clap:
and now I want the 3g modem and TabletMagic for wacom touch . I loaded launch2net premium but still does not recognize the device. is odd because on our site appears GTM671W .... :?:

how did you get the wifi to work

MAD AUDI SCIENTIST said:
massinegro204 said:
WIFI fully functional and go ...... :lol: :clap:
and now I want the 3g modem and TabletMagic for wacom touch . I loaded launch2net premium but still does not recognize the device. is odd because on our site appears GTM671W .... :?:

how did you get the wifi to work

I installed this kext with kext utility (found in a laptop that I can not remember the name) and repaired permissions. also now I can see the network settings as well ZTEUSBModem 3g modem (but I still can not connect). hello

For ZTEUSBModem 3g installed these kext. This will allow you to navigate with Keys Huawei (with my stick works) ....

with the internal modem does not work ......

Hello

Attachments

• ZTEUSBModem 3g.zip
    98.5 KB · Views: 83
Re: SAMSUNG SERIES 7 SLATE/TABLET ::IN PROGRESS:: 10.7.2

blueking said:
What changes did you have to make for the first three?

I edited the DSDT with info from your laptop guide. Also used some of the kexts from your guide too.

As far as the DSDT the major difference is that i extracted the EDID and added all the different code table needed to make it work i guess. Then to compile the DSDT I had the help of a co-worker so we did not get any errors. And we have full HD3000.

Your guide was def ultra helpful my man sorry for not giving credit where credit is due. I read so much i forget to note links from time to time.

massinegro204 said:
For ZTEUSBModem 3g installed these kext. This will allow you to navigate with Keys Huawei (with my stick works) ....

Hello

Not working for me. I see Wifi, but it states that there is no hardware installed.
You are installing this on a Slate 7 right?

MAD AUDI SCIENTIST said:
massinegro204 said:

Hello

Not working for me. I see Wifi, but it states that there is no hardware installed.
You are installing this on a Slate 7 right?

Yes , I am using this to connect with 3 g usb stick. and it's all good. for internal modems have not succeeded . for wifi I replaced your IO80 .... with my posted and I can connect perfectly , even I also backed up with time machine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back