Contribute
Register

SAMSUNG SERIES 7 SLATE/TABLET >>>>75% COMPLETE!<<<< 10.7.4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: SAMSUNG SERIES 7 SLATE/TABLET ::IN PROGRESS:: 10.7.2

I saw in the beginning you were looking at cracking it open to change the wireless card so it was working OOTB. I did a MSI Wind U90 awhile back as a hack and I swapped the RaLink card with one out of a MacMini and it worked perfectly. That would free up the USB port and no need for configuration then either with the wireless set-up that you had in your first videos. If you've already done that great, if not try it if you can get your hands on one from one of the 1.83 Ghz CoreDuo Mac Minis.

If after update to 10.7.2 you don't have laptop lcd work ,just replace new AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext with AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext from original 10.7 BaseSystem.dmg , and its works

Hi All,

This seems unresolved, but I am super excited about the implications of a hackintosh slate so I've ordered one to arrive monday or tuesday. See significant sale (128gb solid state + free dock) here: dealsea.com/view-deal/60223

There are a lot of super accomplished people keeping an eye on this thread (tonymac, blueking) - anyone want to hop on skype and "drive" the process? I can be the eyes and ears (or more accurately: the hands) while you think through the roadblocks we're seeing crop up on this thread?

nadeemtron...
Welcome to the team. If you have any questions just post on here and lets see how it goes. I just have not had enough time to work on this any further. I use the slate in the condition it in just fine. Good luck and welcome again.

What is today the decision to enhance internal lcd work without '-f' optons? I try many variants AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext. Try himself patch. And no result. Only possible variant with change:
0503 0000 0200 0000 3000 0000
to
0602 0000 0200 0000 3000 0000
Boot and connect/disconnect for HDMI and i see on screen pictures with many artifact.
:(

0503 is LVDS, which for me is the laptop display. 0602 is VGA

Yes 0503 - LVDS, but why 0503 - not working and 0602 - power on display (but with error)? Maybe possible force activation LVDS connector?

So hey. How is this going? Did we all finally give up? :(

Flitterflutter said:
So hey. How is this going? Did we all finally give up? :(

Far from it. Giving up around here is not an option.

I'v been super busy with work so not much time to mess with it. I'm currently running Lion 10.7.0 on this machine and it works for me because it my mobile pc and at home/mobile I deal with 64MB of video ram and 1024x786 resolution. At work it connects to a 26" lcd so it runs full 384MB via mini-HDMI.

I just hire a new designer at work thats a LINUX freak and when he saw that I had the samsung hacked his eyes almost popped out of his face. He asked if I new someone named Mad Audi with a huge grin on his face. I replied back with with same style grin and a nod. He will be helping me on his spare time with some things so wish us luck.

Until then, keep on digging! We will get there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back