Contribute
Register

Samsung Series 7 Chronos NP700Z7C-***** Development Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Take your unmodified DSDT, and use all of its PS2 stubs in the modified one. You need the patched DSDT for AppleHDA to work.

If you followed all of ayilm1's steps and after rebooting your audio is not working, you need to follow the steps below to install and fix VoodooHDA.

Steps to install and fix VoodooHDA:

0. Go to /System/Library/Extensions of your main Hackintosh hard drive and delete AppleHDA.kext.

1. Download Kext Utility v2.5.1 (Mac OS X “Mountain Lion” edition).

2. Run MultiBeast 5.2.1 and check VoodooHDA 0.2.7.3 found under Drivers & Bootloaders - Drivers -Audio - Universal.

3. Soon after the installation completes, a high pitched sound will start coming out of your speakers. This is a feedback caused by the microphone located immediately to the left of your mouse pad.

4. Put your finger over it to reduce the sound. Then go to System Preferences and click on VoodooHDA (at the very bottom under Other). Move the Input Gain slider all the day down to 0. Now you can lift your finder from the microphone - the feedback is gone and your audio is working. But don't get too excited just yet!

5. Do not reboot yet - if you do the feedback will be back, since the Input Gain value was not saved. You will need to modify its value in the VoodooHDA.kext itself.

6. Open Finder and go to /System/Library/Extensions of your main Hackintosh hard drive. Locate VoodooHDA.kext and copy it to your Desktop. Then delete it from /System/Library/Extensions.

7. Select VoodooHDA.kext on your desktop, right click on it and choose Show Package Contents. Under Contents you will see a file called Info.plist. Right click on it and open it with TextEdit. Find this:
<key>iGain</key>
<string>90</string>

and change the 90 to 0. Then save the file and close TextEdit.

8. Now run the Kext Utility you downloaded in step 1. If you get an error saying that it cannot run since it was downloaded from the Internet, just right click on it and select Open.

9. Grab the VoodooHDA.kext from your desktop and drop it inside the main window of the Kext Utility. It will ask you for a password twice. Once it finishes, you will see a Quit button on the bottom.

10. Reboot.

You should now have audio fully working for speakers and headphones. The subwoofer on the back will not work.

works PERFECTLY !!!!! thank you

Has anyone fixed this errors ?

ERROR: dcbtable_version is 0x4
ERROR: nVidia ROM Patching Failed!

When shutdown the notebook reboots

Here are the steps not to use DSDT.aml and AppleHDA, but instead install and fix VoodooHDA. This is suitable if you don't have exactly the same model of Samsung Chronos as ayilm1.

Steps:

1. (Follow ayilm1's step 1.)
  2. Replace smbios.plist and org.chameleon.Boot.plist found in the hidden Extra folder of the USB drive you made, with the ones found in the Extra folder of ayilm1's Installation Package. No not copy DSDT.aml anywhere - we are not going to use it.
  3. (Follow ayilm1's step 3.)
  4. (Follow ayilm1's step 4.)
  5. Copy only smbios.plist and org.chameleon.Boot.plist from the Extra folder in the Installation Package to the hidden Extra holder on the Hackintosh main hard drive. Do not copy DSDT.aml.
  6. (Follow ayilm1's step 6.)
  7. (Follow ayilm1's step 7.)

If after rebooting your audio is working - you are done! However most likely it will not. If you go to System Preferences – Sound and you see nothing under Output or Input, you need to follow the steps below to install and fix VoodooHDA.

Steps to install and fix VoodooHDA:

0. Go to /System/Library/Extensions of your main Hackintosh hard drive and delete AppleHDA.kext in case you installed it in the last step above.

1. Download Kext Utility v2.5.1 (Mac OS X “Mountain Lion” edition).

2. Run MultiBeast 5.2.1 and check VoodooHDA 0.2.7.3 found under Drivers & Bootloaders - Drivers -Audio - Universal.

3. Soon after the installation completes, a high pitched sound will start coming out of your speakers. This is a feedback caused by the microphone located immediately to the left of your mouse pad.

4. Put your finger over it to reduce the sound. Then go to System Preferences and click on VoodooHDA (at the very bottom under Other). Move the Input Gain slider all the day down to 0. Now you can lift your finder from the microphone - the feedback is gone and your audio is working. But don't get too excited just yet!

5. Do not reboot yet - if you do the feedback will be back, since the Input Gain value was not saved. You will need to modify its value in the VoodooHDA.kext itself.

6. Open Finder and go to /System/Library/Extensions of your main Hackintosh hard drive. Locate VoodooHDA.kext and copy it to your Desktop. Then delete it from /System/Library/Extensions.

7. Select VoodooHDA.kext on your desktop, right click on it and choose Show Package Contents. Under Contents you will see a file called Info.plist. Right click on it and open it with TextEdit. Find this:
<key>iGain</key>
<string>90</string>

and change the 90 to 0. Then save the file and close TextEdit.

8. Now run the Kext Utility you downloaded in step 1. If you get an error saying that it cannot run since it was downloaded from the Internet, just right click on it and select Open.

9. Grab the VoodooHDA.kext from your desktop and drop it inside the main window of the Kext Utility. It will ask you for a password twice. Once it finishes, you will see a Quit button on the bottom.

10. Reboot.

You should now have audio fully working for speakers and headphones. The subwoofer on the back will not work.

So you want a DSDT free solution? Even without the exact same model the DSDT should work fine. Also VoodooHDA is not a decent solution for any build, it is unstable, especially with other modded kexts. Moreover almost all the things that the DSDT fixes will never be able to be fixed via kexts, for instance sleep and brightness.

So you want a DSDT free solution? Even without the exact same model the DSDT should work fine. Also VoodooHDA is not a decent solution for any build, it is unstable, especially with other modded kexts. Moreover almost all the things that the DSDT fixes will never be able to be fixed via kexts, for instance sleep and brightness.

Dude, you are right about the DSDT! I realized that I was still using it on my test partition. When I tried a brand new install without it, too many things did not work, including brightness control and battery management. I changed my post to simply show how to get VoodooHDA to work in case AppleHDA does not.

However I disagree with you about VoodooHDA. You might be right in a general sense that it is more unstable, but for my particualr model, which is NP700Z7C-S01U, it works flawlessly. For the life of me I could not AppleHDA to work. With VoodooHDA I have not seen any issues whatsoever.

I tried removing the content from S/L/Cache, which did not make a difference. I also tried not using the DSDT you provided and still nothing. How would I make a bootable USB from scratch like you said without using unibeast? I'm new to mac, would carbon copy cloner work? Also, I just realized I didn't know that having different model numbers would make a difference since its basically the same hardware. I have the 700Z5B-W01UB

Doesn't matter. Even different bios versions produce variations in ACPI tables. Usually that much isn't an issue since nothing major is changed unless there's something very wrong. You can use unibeast but get rid of the extra folder. I didn't use it personally. I restored basesystem.dmg and packages to the installer disk and used a bare minimum /extra/extensions with NCPUPM and fakesmc.kext. That and of course the relevant chameleon and smbios plists. You shouldn't have any problems with the ones provided.

what about wifi?
does audio works?

thanks

I just got WiFi to work for $30. Here are the instructions:

1. Go to Amazon and order Atheros AR5B95 AR9285 802.11B/G/N Half Mini PCI-E Card for $29.99 + shipping.
  2. Once it arrives replace your Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6235 card. Opening the back cover of the laptop is very easy if you know how. This is why you need to watch this video first: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFp5HpJ51rA. Also make sure to remove the fake memory card, otherwise the back cover will not come off.
  3. Download the attached zip: View attachment Atheros AR5B195 pack.zip. Unzip it into a separate folder.
  4. Download Kext Utility v2.5.1 (Mac OS X “Mountain Lion” edition).
  5. Run Kext Utility and drop inside it the 2 kext files found inside the zip.
  6. Reboot.

You will now have WiFi fully working. This card also works perfectly in Windows and Ubuntu.

Issues:
  • This card does not support the 5 GHz band. You might need to configure your router to use 2.4 GHz.
  • This card does not have Bluetooth.
  • You are replacing an Audi with a Hyundai, but what is the point of having an Audi if you cannot drive it all the time?

Hello ayilm1,

I have a different Samsung laptop, but it has the same audio device (ACL269). Could not get sound no matter what I tried. Ended up settling on VoodooHDA 2.8 (now up to to 2.8.2). Speakers and headphones work, mics and HDMI audio does not. But it's stable unlike all the prior versions I tried.

My question is after you did all the hard work for tracking down the audio parameters, all you need to do is put your modified AppleHDA.kext in S/L/E and all your audio devices work? I did not see any HDEF edits in your DSDT.

Thanks in advance.

There are. It won't work without them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back