Contribute
Register

Samsung Series 7 Chronos NP700Z7C-***** Development Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
In an attempt to see whether the shut down issue was caused by the kext or the DSDT I booted with DSDT=null, and voila! Suddenly no graphics issue!
I don't have any brightness control, which I did before despite the issue...
Very happy to have no funny lines though!

VoodooHDA didn't work, trackpad still doesn't work, sadly the setup I had before on the wireless seemed more effective, now the Wifi card is not registered by the system...

Thank you so much for your help this far RehabMan.

Fraser

I tried this but sadly it didn't seem to work... I also tried the DSDT patch from toleda and that didn't work either...

Then it means you didn't do it correctly. I can see the 9285 device in your IOreg (DSDT patch is present). Are you using vanilla IONetworkingFamily/IO80211Family?

I now seem to have an issue that the laptop doesn't shut down. It goes to a white screen and then never quite turns off. At least not before I've held down the power button (after a minute or 2, it used to take about 5 seconds on this screen)
Any thoughts?

Boot with "-v" to troubleshoot.

I think I've fixed this, however there's no improvement... I have attached the ioreg, please could you check whether it's correct?

Power management has not been implemented correctly. There is no SSDT installed.

In an attempt to see whether the shut down issue was caused by the kext or the DSDT I booted with DSDT=null, and voila! Suddenly no graphics issue!

Do you still have HD4000 working?

I don't have any brightness control, which I did before despite the issue...
Very happy to have no funny lines though!

Brightness control requires DSDT patches.

Try to work on only one thing at a time...

Do you still have HD4000 working?

No, I seem to have generic graphics...
I now have a blank DSDT which I am loading (no DSDT=null) and no funny screen.
However, I have tried patching with your HD4k patches and they seem to be bringing back the issue, so I'm not really sure what's happening! I assume it must be a matter somewhere between the HD4k and the screen but I have no leads as to how I can fix this...

Brightness control requires DSDT patches.

Try to work on only one thing at a time...

Brightness control patches without the HD4k patch only stop the laptop from booting...

So I gave up on this for a while, and started to work on other things (sorry!)
I now have fully working VoodooHDA with no issues. I also tried your VoodooPS2Controller and now have a fully working keyboard, and a trackpad that works as a mouse, but no scrolling capabilities...

No, I seem to have generic graphics...
I now have a blank DSDT which I am loading (no DSDT=null) and no funny screen.
However, I have tried patching with your HD4k patches and they seem to be bringing back the issue, so I'm not really sure what's happening! I assume it must be a matter somewhere between the HD4k and the screen but I have no leads as to how I can fix this...

Of course your glitches are gone without HD4000 drivers loading...

You should probably try different ig-platform-id values to see if your laptop needs something different than 01660004. 0166009 is another common one for high resolution screens.

Brightness control patches without the HD4k patch only stop the laptop from booting...

They are related, so yeah, probably a good idea not to use brightness patch without DSDT patch for graphics/IGPU.

So I gave up on this for a while, and started to work on other things (sorry!)
I now have fully working VoodooHDA with no issues. I also tried your VoodooPS2Controller and now have a fully working keyboard, and a trackpad that works as a mouse, but no scrolling capabilities...

Which trackpad is in your laptop? In my driver, only Synaptics is "fully featured."

Of course your glitches are gone without HD4000 drivers loading...

You should probably try different ig-platform-id values to see if your laptop needs something different than 01660004. 0166009 is another common one for high resolution screens.

Ok, do I need to turn IGPEnabler on for this to have an effect?

Which trackpad is in your laptop? In my driver, only Synaptics is "fully featured."

Not sure, any idea how I might find out?

Ok, do I need to turn IGPEnabler on for this to have an effect?

No. Change the values in the DSDT patch.

Not sure, any idea how I might find out?

In Windows Device Manager in Properties -> Advanced for the trackpad...

Any chance anyone has the NP700Z5C-S02UB? I attempted the steps outlined here and many altered attempts to just try my options, and only when using the files in the installation guide does the graphics even work enough to see anything clearly. As well, using the normal files when creating a unibest disk, the keyboard and mouse aren't detected.

Somewhat of a hackintosh noob here but not technically non-proficient by any means, just apparently when it comes to computer OS's listening and working for hardware.. haha:think::mrgreen:

Help would be MUCH appreciated. Going to attempt the install not using the DSDT in the file, and see what results I get, but I believe every time I don't include the DSDT I get a kernel panic? So maybe I need to compile my own DSDT but I don't know how, or what, to adjust for my ***5C-S02UB variant.

FWIW
- Intel® Core™ i7-3635QM Processor
- 1600 x 900
- 8GB DDR3 (1600 MHz)
- 1TB // SATA2
ExpressCache™ Technology - 8GB
- NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 640M Graphics
External or Integrated External (Optimus™ technology)
(Intel HD 4000 as well)
- Wireless LAN 802.11 a/b/g/n
- Bluetooth 4.0
- VGA-Mini VGA
- HDMI
- USB Ports (Total) 1 x USB 2.0 + 2 x USB 3.0
- Multi Card Slot 3- in-1 (SD/SDHC/SDXC)
- LAN

Forgot to mention: With all the files from the installation, I get to the Apple logo and a loading bar that stands still and doesn't move, even after hours of waiting. Attempting OS X Yosemite and have attempted Mavericvks to follow the guide to a T.

Followed a very detailed step by step guide here and booting is stopping here:
verbose_log.jpg

Any help?

Anymore developments for this laptop? Yosemite installation anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back