Contribute
Register

Samsung NP550P5C cannot see any partitions with Chimera

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Samsung NP550P5C-S05IN
CPU
Intel Core i7-3630M 2.4 GHz (Ivy Bridge)
Graphics
Intel HD 4000 + nVidia GT 650M (2GB VRAM)
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey all,
So I started to install Mountain Lion on my brand new laptop, and successfully built a UniBeast drive for the installer. I entered the installation using the boot flags

-v GraphicsEnabler=No

an started the installation. Partitioned my 1TB HDD , and then erased the 350GB 'Macintosh HD' partition. I started the installation, and it completed, but now when I restarted the laptop with the UniBeast drive still in, it does not show me any partition except the Installer. I tried re-installing 5 times, but it never shows me the partition I installed ML on.

Can anyone figure out what is going on?
Thanks in advance!

Hey, for anyone else who is stuck on this, I figured it out.
Turns out the Samsung BIOS does not 'support' GUID partitions. So I modded the OSInstall.mpkg file etc, a quick Google Search. Now it installs and works good. Just need to get some stuff working, otherwise it is great!
Also update your BIOS from the Samsung website. I did.

HI
I have the same laptop. everything works expect display with qe/ci. without acceleration its fine.. did u have the same problem? did u get nvidia/intel4000 working on your laptop?
Thanks and waiting for your reply

HI
I have the same laptop. everything works expect display with qe/ci. without acceleration its fine.. did u have the same problem? did u get nvidia/intel4000 working on your laptop?
Thanks and waiting for your reply

Actually no, and because of that I had to give it up :(
Currently on Windows 8.

Thanks for replying.
The maximum i could do was by adding device properties string in boot.plist file and get intel hd 4000 working with full acceleration on a VGA external monitor. but i get a scrambled display on laptop's native display. Is there a way to mod our bios and turn off nvidia GPU? cuz in that case apple vanilla supports nvidia GT 650m out-of-the-box....:think:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back