Graphics
GeForce GTX 570 2560 MB
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I started upgrade my hackintosh project by adding a m.2 500 GIG Samsung NVMe SSD.
Finding all the right tips and info to make the installation work is quite a bit of work. After doing
some research I got the USB thump made and was able to install the Sierra OS on my m.2 SSD.

Now I have the problem that, when rebooting onto my thump drive, I don't see the Sierra m.2 installation,
it just won't show. Usually I get to see two clover installations, the one on the installer USB drive and the
new one that was made. So far I could not find any advice on this particular problem. I did changed
the BIOS PCI setting to m.2, while in the BIOS set up/boot list, the m.2 will not show either.

Any advice? Thanks.

ASUS Z97-AR
Samsung m.2 960 EVO 500 GIG
OS X 10.12.3 Sierra

I started upgrade my hackintosh project by adding a m.2 500 GIG Samsung NVMe SSD.
Finding all the right tips and info to make the installation work is quite a bit of work. After doing
some research I got the USB thump made and was able to install the Sierra OS on my m.2 SSD.

Now I have the problem that, when rebooting onto my thump drive, I don't see the Sierra m.2 installation,
it just won't show. Usually I get to see two clover installations, the one on the installer USB drive and the
new one that was made. So far I could not find any advice on this particular problem. I did changed
the BIOS PCI setting to m.2, while in the BIOS set up/boot list, the m.2 will not show either.

Any advice? Thanks.

ASUS Z97-AR
OS X 10.12.3 Sierra

Is "fast boot" disabled in BIOS?
Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (omit 'themes' folder).

sierra:win10.jpeg

I've been able to install the 960 EVO using RehabMan's method of patching the IONVeMeFamily.kext (becomes HackrNVRMeFamily-10_12_3.kext), removing the original IONVeMeFamily.kext from Systen\Library\Extensions, and using Kext Utility to install the patched kext.

This enabled me to see the M.2 as an internal drive from my Sierra drive. I could see it immediately from my Windows 10 drive.

Eventually I successfully cloned Windows 10 and OS 10.12.3 from the two internal SATA SSDs to the drive. Both can boot, but "Sierra2" is very slow to boot, and I cannot see the "Sierra2" partition in BIOS to make it the first boot option. (I can make the M.2 Windows partition the first option.) I've looked everywhere for the PCI setting...

Last edited:

Any advice? Thanks.

ASUS Z97-AR
OS X 10.12.3 Sierra
Hi! issue in the kext.
Just doing like i did GUIDE

Thx, All for the tips. Will check the advice and will let U know if it works on my built. :)

Hi! issue in the kext.
Just doing like i did GUIDE
Sorry, :( still not working, having same issue. Could you send me your .plist, so I can compare the placement of the code.
Maybe I have it placed kind of wrong, however I am able to install OS X on the m.2. Thx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back