Contribute
Register

[Success] GA Z170X-Gaming 5 GTX TITAN - i5-6600k - 16 GB RAM - macOS Sierra 10.12

Motherboard
GA-Z170x-Gaming 3
CPU
i5 6600K
Graphics
HD 530, Nvidia 1060
Mac
iMac
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
I pluged the fan in CPU_FAN and is well connected, It have only one option. I have free CPU_OPT, SYS_FAN, SYS_FAN2 and SYS_FAN3.
If I connect the fant to CPU_OPT then works perfectly.
The strange thing is that in Windows works fine in CPU_FAN

Motherboard
Gigabite z170n-gaming5
CPU
I5-6600
After clicking F5 key, I tried to input the passcode, but it does not work. I would be grateful for your advice what should I do next in snowlepard.

Last edited:
Motherboard
GA Z170X-Gaming 5
CPU
Graphics
TITAN
After clicking F5 key, I tried to input the passcode, but it does not work. I would be grateful for your advice what should I do next in snowlepard.
Hi! Can`t help you. I`ve experimenting with 10.12 (macOS Sierra) not SnowLepard.

upd2:
Yesterday had added wi-fi pci-e adapter TP-LINK model no. TL-WN881ND (https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0079XWMEI/?tag=tonymacx86com-20) based on Atheros 9287 chipset.
Handoff and Continuity doesn't supported by this chipset. but wi-fi and airdrop does.

Natively it isn't work, but all you need to do is Install toledaARPT.kext to EFI/CLOVER/KEXT/OTHER/ and reboot - WI-FI will work, and AirDrop will too.

When I connected to the internet from wi-fi, imessage is still working.

Last edited by a moderator:
Motherboard
Ga-X79-UD5
CPU
i7 3820
Graphics
Geforce Gt710
Mac
Mac Pro
Hi guys.i have successfully installed sierra on a Z170X Gaming 5 with 6700K Cpu...but i think the usbs are not working correctly...I have this weird situation:if i plug my wireless usb mouse & keyboard in the front panel,they're working great...but if plug it on the back (no matter what port,i ve tried them all) the mouse and keyboard are working only if i am too close to the usb receiver...one feet away from pc max distance...seems that it doesn't provide enough power???or it's a messing thing with the usb 2/3 scenario ?
Any help guys would be much appreciated..also if someone can please detach your config.plist or even your whole EFI folder,in order to examine it...
thanx