Contribute
Register

Safe Mode only Acer Aspire M5

Status
Not open for further replies.
From my view at that ioreg, CPU PM looks correct. You should test your pstates with DPCIManager, MSRDumper.kext or AppleIntelCPUPowerManagementInfo.kext.

You could get some additional graphics PM (and working brightness):
DSDT patches: https://github.com/RehabMan/Laptop-DSDT-Patch
Apply: "Rename GFX0 to IGPU" followed by "Brightness Fix (HD3000/HD4000)"
Install: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-ACPI-Backlight

Ok, i was able to get everything setup, even battery status, except this DSDT patches. I downloaded the MaciASL and followed the instructions there, but when i tried to apply the two DSDT patches for Rename GFX0 to IGPU and the Brightness Fix, along side with the TNOT fix (i'm getting trouble with it) it says that i can't save the finished file as dsdt.aml because it got compile error as follow:

Object does not exist (\_SB.PCI0.IGPU.BAR1)

Any thoughts?

Ok, i was able to get everything setup, even battery status, except this DSDT patches. I downloaded the MaciASL and followed the instructions there, but when i tried to apply the two DSDT patches for Rename GFX0 to IGPU and the Brightness Fix, along side with the TNOT fix (i'm getting trouble with it) it says that i can't save the finished file as dsdt.aml because it got compile error as follow:

Any thoughts?

There is a "Fix TNOT Error" patch in the patch repo.

Make sure you did the patches in the order I specified ("Rename GFX0 to IGPU" first, "Brightness Fix (HD3000/HD400)" second). It will not work if you reverse the order.

There is a "Fix TNOT Error" patch in the patch repo.

Make sure you did the patches in the order I specified ("Rename GFX0 to IGPU" first, "Brightness Fix (HD3000/HD400)" second). It will not work if you reverse the order.

Oh, ok, i didn't know it had to be in that specific order, thanks! Also, the patch for the TNOT error, i applied as well, but is there any order for that one? I mean, should it be before or after the other two patches (rename and brightness fix)?

Oh, ok, i didn't know it had to be in that specific order, thanks! Also, the patch for the TNOT error, i applied as well, but is there any order for that one? I mean, should it be before or after the other two patches (rename and brightness fix)?

The order of TNOT does not matter.

The order of TNOT does not matter.

Hey man. I got it all right, everything seems to be working pretty good now! All the bootflags and everything. The only one i really need is the dart=0, which is great.

I just wanted to thank you for the incredible help you gave me over the past few days. That's why i love this forum <3

Thanks you so much, RehabMan, you're the best!

Hey man. I got it all right, everything seems to be working pretty good now! All the bootflags and everything. The only one i really need is the dart=0, which is great.

I just wanted to thank you for the incredible help you game me over the past feel days. That's why i love this forum <3

Thanks you so much, RehabMan, you're the best!

Hey... super! And probably... on to the next issue...

yessssssss it works you just need to add the dart=0 at boot

- - - Updated - - -

hey many thanks to you RehabMan

Use this flag dart=0 at boot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back